The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park is seeking part-time Guest Experience Service Associates.
The Guest Experience Serine Associate is responsible for the day to day operation and providing platinum level customer experiences to guests of the California Academy of Sciences. Areas of responsibility included are: the entryway, theaters, exhibits and various guest services. As assigned by the on-duty Assistant Manager, the Service Associate will respond to constantly changing operational needs by providing excellent customer service. While this position requires evening and full weekend availability, the work schedule is on an as-needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for working in and has duties in the following areas of the Academy: Guest Experience (hosting, group entry facilitation, coat check, tours), show control (Planetarium and Forum), exhibit facilitation (Rainforest and Living Roof), and the Early Explorer’s Cove
- Assist in special event after-hours operation in the aforementioned areas, as assigned. During special events staff will be under the direct supervision of the Special Events Coordinator
- Evaluate and welcome all visitors who enter the Early Explorers Cove
- Engage with visitors by providing information on daily programs, exhibits, suggested museum itineraries, and San Francisco attractions
- Facilitate traffic flow in and out of the museum, exhibits, and theaters
- Continuously interacting with our guests to ensure an excellent experience which exceeds their expectations
- Provide necessary support to the Assistant Managers as needed to ensure smooth operation of the department, including light office work and visitor registration
- Follow all Academy safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
For a full job description and to apply online, go to www.calacademy.org/careers