A senior citizens retirement community in San Rafael currently has an employment opportunity for a qualified individual to fill a full-time activities coordinator position in the community’s health center.
The Activities Coordinator– Patient Care Unit (PCU) plans, coordinates and implements therapeutic, meaningful activity programs to meet the individual PCU resident’s needs and interest. As appropriate, activities may be designed for or to include condominium residents with physical or mental functioning levels similar to residents in PCU. The activities programs are to be developed with appropriate input from other Health Center staff and the individual resident’s attending physician. Provides back-up and other assistance to the entire activity team as needed.
1. Document activity needs of PCU residents as required by Title 22
2. Develop meaningful activities designed to enhance the well-being of PCU residents; such programs will include activities for both groups and individual residents. PCU activities should promote the physical, intellectual and social welfare of the resident
3. Develop a program of exercise and strengthening for PCU residents and other residents of similar functioning levels
4. Develop a plan for outside speakers, entertainers and other outside resources for a variety of activities; develop special activities for holidays, and to meet spiritual needs of residents
5. Encourage attendance of PCU residents in SNF activities and programs as appropriate
6. Maintain current knowledge of any regulatory requirements related to activities needs of PCU residents
7. As practical or necessary, utilize volunteers and Villa Marin staff to assist with PCU activities; provide appropriate training and supervision to volunteers and staff
8. Attendance and participation at Health Center staff meetings and training programs
9. Knowledge of an annual budget for PCU activities, and develop programs within the budget
10. Serve as back-up for and provide assistance to the entire activity team as needed.
Knowledge / Skills:
The Activities Coordinator – PCU will have two years of experience in a social or recreational program in a health care or senior services setting, and be knowledgeable of the regulatory requirements applicable to PCU and SNF activities.
The Activities Coordinator- PCU must have a desire to work with seniors with a range of cognitive and physical abilities; have ability to work in close cooperation with professional and non-professional staff members; have ability to communicate effectively; be capable of generating enthusiasm, be able to accept and utilize supervision and consultation. Must meet health assessment requirements, including two-stage TB testing. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the task required.
Two years education beyond high school or equivalency. Advance training in social and recreational activities for senior population a plus.
Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 AM — 6:30 PM
This position offers a rich employee benefit package: Medical and Dental Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holiday Program, Paid Birthday Program, Paid Jury Duty and more.
If you are interested in applying, please fax your resume and cover letter with the job title “Senior Citizens Activities Coordinator” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061, e-mail, or mail to Human Resources Department at 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903.