The Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s Wharf is currently in search of a talented and experienced Assistant Food & Beverage Manager in San Francisco.
Key responsibilities of a Food & Beverage Assistant Manager include:
• Partner and support the F&B Manager and perform duties as needed by the department
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage
• Monitoring and reviewing labor reports and processing/ implementing all scheduling requirements
• Purchasing responsibilities for bar and liquor items
• Controlling inventory to ensure the smooth operation of the Food and Beverage operation
• Assisting in the training and development of team members
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Creating work schedules for the Food & Beverage operation
• Responsible of all banquet and catering functions from set up and service to billing and posting of charges
The ideal Food & Beverage Assistant Manager candidate will have had previous food and beverage experience within a hotel or full-service restaurant environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Experience in administrative tasks such as creating work schedules, placing orders, controlling inventory
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, percentages, proportions and volumes in order to track inventory, controls and analyze financial statements
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift along with the ability to physically lift tables, chairs etc.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice. This includes responsibility for coaching and counseling staff members and holding them accountable for performance standards.
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one.
Apply now via Cal Jobs