Ritter Center, a non-profit agency serving low income individuals and families in Marin County, is seeking a full time Client Services Associate to join our team. Ritter Center has the largest food pantry in Marin County, providing supplemental food to over 4,000 individuals every year. The Client Services Associate provides general support to the agency’s food pantry and client services and is supervised by the Services & Volunteer Coordinator.
The Client Services Associate is responsible for helping to manage daily interactions with clients, volunteers and visitors contacts with patience and good humor. This is a multifaceted role that requires the ability to handle a variety of concurrent tasks efficiently. We are seeking a skilled problem solver who enjoys making a difference in the lives of others and works well within a team culture.
- Managing and processing all food donations from the Food Bank and other sources and getting them ready for distribution at the pantry
- Stocking pantry shelves with canned good and other items
- Assisting in providing customer service to pantry clients and packing grocery bags
- Assisting in training new volunteers on basic pantry tasks
- Conducting general maintenance and upkeep of pantry areas
- Assisting with other client services, such as general mail delivery program and answering the phones, as needed.
Candidates for this position must possess the ability to establish a welcoming atmosphere in an environment that supports people with complex needs and can sometimes be disruptive. Flexibility and willingness to work with a variety of people in a professional manner is essential.
The position requires the capacity to lift at least 50lbs and good organizational and clerical skills. Excellent communication skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and data entry skills are required as well.
Apply via Craigslist