Peacock Gap Golf Club is looking for talented and motivated individual to fill the position of Banquet Captain.
The Banquet Captain is responsible for training and directing the banquet staff in delivering all banquet activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business. This person will also assist the Banquet Director in overseeing all Banquet Operations, ensuring excellence in guest service and compliance with the Banquet Department policies and procedures, all while maintaining productivity.
- Must be able to work flexible varying shifts of mornings or evenings along with weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or GED certification is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- 2 years of relevant hospitality experience in a restaurant, private club or country club or food service position.
- Must have excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent mathematical skill.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest and team complaints and disputes with tact and diplomacy, and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe, detect and calmly respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, team members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to constantly to reached above head, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stage tables, chairs, dance floors, serving stations, housekeeping and other catering equipment.
- Responsible for assisting banquet director in the ordering of supplies for event center and maintaining par levels.
- Must have experience or knowledge of inventory, cash handling procedure and standard hospitality service standards.
- Some bartending experience or basic mixology and cocktail knowledge a must.
- Must have basic wine knowledge or ability to understand the basics of wine as they pertain the events.
- While performing job duties, can complete documents, process requests and operate office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax.
To apply for this position, go to: http://peacockgapgolfclub.careerplug.com/jobs/122343/apps/new