A fast growing international trading company in San Francisco, is seeking an Entry Level Logistics Specialist to support its expanding business.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, this position is responsible for all aspects of the general logistics duties. This position will interact closely with sales and accounting personnel within the company.
Additional responsibilities include performing general administrative duties and assisting supervisors/managers as needed.
Handle all aspects of general logistics duties including but not limited to:
• Receiving purchase orders from customers and relaying these orders to the suppliers/facilities. Arranging transportation and negotiate rates, truck and rail deliveries and shipments.
• Communicate closely with customers and suppliers and in Spanish and English.
• Assist with safflower/sunflower settlements, inventory and position control.
• Responding to customers/suppliers to answer questions or resolve problems and provide guidance.
• Preparing accounting and other related reports.
• Invoicing customers and ensure remittance of payments.
• Helps in maintaining general office appearance.
• Perform general administrative duties, i.e. filing, answering telephones, arranging samples, etc.
• Assist supervisors/managers as needed.
Important attributes for the successful candidate include:
Proficient with PC applications (Word, Excel, etc) and internet.
Ability to multi-task with attention to details.
Being open to change and constant learning.
Good organizational skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Willing to work overtime as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
Bilingual in both English & Spanish. Native level speaking, reading and writing required. Some Japanese a plus, but not required.
Apply through Craigslist