The Customer Service Representative provides courteous and professional customer service to the community by demonstrating a strong knowledge of programs and events offered at the Center and providing assistance to visitors with all aspects of their JCCSF experience.
• Greet members and guests and provide excellent customer service.
• Provide excellent internal customer service to staff.
• Be knowledgeable about center programs, answer questions and direct inquiries to appropriate resources.
• Provide class and program registration services for walk-in, telephone, fax, email and mail-in registrations.
• Accurately complete multi-step program registrations.
• Handle the fitness check-in process.
• Assist members and guests with the purchase of retail items, club services, private lockers and laundry service.
• Assist in Community Membership sales and retention.
• Actively assist with account services. Respond to member inquiries and take appropriate action.
• Monitor front lobby activity and maintain a sense of control and security.
• Follow JCCSF safety and security standards.
• Manage the lost and found process.
• Maintain appearance of front desk areas.
• Customer service experience and a “can do” attitude are essential.
• Administrative skills including strong computer proficiency and multi-line phone experience.
• Ability to prioritize work in a highly social environment, and focus on the customer.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly and flexible.
• Ability to receive feedback, adapt to change, and communicate challenges in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to continually learn and apply previous experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
• Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community preferred.
• Ability to stand for 2-2.5 hours at a time.
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
• Russian and/or Hebrew spoken language skills a plus.