The level of customer service an REI member and customer receives leaves a lasting impression and directly impacts REI’s success as a co-op. The role of Customer Service Specialist contributes to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions at registers, selling memberships and other REI services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity.
In addition to being a customer service sage, typical work for this position includes:
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including the REI Visa Card program
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Collect payment for goods, make change and distribute receipts
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up (RSPU) by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School sign-ups and special ticket sales.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Processes damaged goods according to store policy. This may involve tagging, moving and/or re-pricing the item
- Informs customers of repair options and completes repair processing.
- Follows document retention and disposal guidelines
- Maintains and stocks work area
Bring your passion and expertise
Here are some skills that we look for in our Customer Service Specialists:
- Previous cashiering experience
- Previous customer service experience (preferred)
- 10-key skills (preferred)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
Apply online through Indeed