The Osher Marin JCC is a non-profit community organization, a place where people can enhance their lives through various activities that reflect the unique values of Jewish history and culture. The mission of the Osher Marin JCC is to celebrate, strengthen and sustain Jewish life and culture, to build cross-cultural understanding, and to enrich the lives of those in the community at large.
The JCC currently has an opening for a Maintenance Staff person.
This position is a year-round, 40-hour a week position. The hours are 2 PM-10:30 PM Monday-Thursday, and 11:30-8 PM on Fridays. The primary purpose of this position is to clean, maintain and repair the facilities of the JCC, while assisting our busy programming department with meeting set-ups and breakdowns. The Maintenance Staff person is supervised by the Night Supervisor and Assistant Director of Facilities.
-Assist with the maintenance and repair of the facility with the following (but not limited to these) tasks:
-Maintain and repair facility while observing and practicing all safety regulations as outlined by CAL OSHA and OMJCC safety program.
-Assist in event set-up/take-down, moving tables and chairs, clean-up during and after events.
-Custodial/Janitorial cleaning of OMJCC facility.
-Carry a two-way radio at all times and maintain constant contact using prescribed radio communication techniques.
-Work closely and smoothly with other members of the Maintenance Staff, as well as being self motivated and capable of working well with or without direct supervision.
Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
– Experience with HVAC, pool systems, carpentry or light construction.
– Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction.
– The ability to clearly and safely communicate with staff and supervisors in English.
– Must be able to easily lift and move 75 pounds of weight.
Salary & Benefits:
– Union Maintenance classification.
– Health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; retirement, 125 plans, paid vacation days starting at 10 days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC full facility family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
The JCC is a long-time equal opportunity employer in Marin County and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds. For more information on programs provided by the JCC, please go to www.marinjcc.org
Apply on Craigslist