Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) is hiring Code Compliance Officers. This is a part-time, non-sworn, unarmed position. Code Compliance Officers hold limited enforcement authority and are responsible for enforcing all ordinances and laws approved by the SMART District Board of Directors. Considerable judgment is required in meeting emergency situations, enforcing regulations, and in coordination with other personnel, their contractors, and other agencies. Ordinances are enforced by the issuance of citations and arrests are occasionally necessary. Code Compliance Officers have primary responsibility for enforcing the fare ordinance by performing unannounced random inspection of fares on board trains and in fare paid zones. They are required to prepare incident/arrest reports and other forms either written or using a computer and will be required to testify in court when subpoenaed. May work varied shifts.
• Possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate or GED.
• Must be bondable with no previous criminal record.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
• Familiarity with the California Criminal Justice system is highly desirable.
• Experience in rail transit safety and security desirable.
• Qualified candidates must have completed a P.C. 832 arrest and control class within the last three (3) years, or satisfactorily complete and pass such class within the first year of employment as a Code Compliance Inspector. Prior law enforcement experience in California can satisfy this requirement.
For a detailed job description, visit www.sonomamarintrain.org
Recruitment closes July 22, 2016.