COTS has an opportunity for a part-time Accounting Clerk/Finance Assistant. 15 hours per week. Located in our pleasant 3rd floor offices in the Mary Isaak Center in Petaluma.
This position will support both the Senior Accountant and Chief Financial Officer with Accounting support as well as Administrative duties such as filing.
For over 25 years, Committee on the Shelterless (COTS) has been empowering homeless families and single adults to break the cycle of homelessness, transform lives, and find housing–for good. Using national best practices and internally developed strategies, COTS has success rates twice the national average for individuals moving out of transitional housing into permanent housing.
• Assist with Accounts Payable duties including entering into Abila General Ledger system
• Assist with Timecards and payroll for 35 employees
• Assist with tracking Finance items on Excel spreadsheets
• Mail. Open and distribute within Admin office
• Deposits. Make copies of checks deposited, and run tape to balance.
• Answer office phones, as backup, when needed.
• Filing for Finance, and maintain file storage area and file documentation
• Order office supplies
• Reliable transportation and valid CDL is required for this position; must have good driving record and be able to be covered under COTS insurance.
• Computer savvy required. Able to use Excel essential to success.
• Must be good a detail work, accuracy is essential.
• $15-19/hour, dependent on experience, education and training.
• Part-time, 15 hours per week
• Regular schedule to be determined within our regular office hours of Monday-Friday 9-5. We can be flexible in setting up the regular schedule, as long as it still meets our deadline needs.