This position is for a full-time Human Resources Assistant at the EAH Housing Corporate Offices in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years previous HR experience. Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required and experience with UltiPro or any other HRIS software is preferred. Pay is commensurate with experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
The Human Resources Assistant performs a wide variety of support and administrative activities in employment, benefits, record keeping, and related areas under general supervision. Takes initiative ensure that all department data and record keeping is complete and accurate. Provides excellent customer service to employees. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
· Acts as first point of contact in the department, answering routine questions and routing calls as needed.
· Processes new hire paperwork and data entry into HRIS.
· Schedules and conducts new hire orientations.
· Coordinates benefits Open Enrollment
· Follows up with employees on benefits enrollment and answers benefit questions
· Files and monitors workers’ compensation claims, including accident investigations and temporary alternative work program.
· Assists with employee events
· Schedules employees in training sessions and updates training database:
· Prepares and maintains accurate human resources files, records, and information, ensuring that both electronic and paper filing is kept current.
· Must have 1-2 years’ experience in HR
· Bachelor’s degree in HR Management preferred
· Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
· Strong understanding of HR best practices and procedures
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
· Experience with Ultimate Software, HRIS, or Kronos a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual and holiday schedule.
For immediate consideration please apply to Requisition 16-0003 on our website at www.eahhousing.org
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.