This position will work as part of the Food Bank’s CalFresh Outreach Team to increase participation in San Francisco’s CalFresh Program through community outreach and education, client direct services, advocacy, and collaboration with new and existing partners. This position is full time non-exempt and reports to a Program Manager. Fluency in Cantonese is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Outreach, Screening and Application Assistance
• Develop an understanding of CalFresh (Food Stamps) program application and enrollment procedures (training will be provided).
• Outreach to large groups of people at various sites throughout Marin County on CalFresh eligibility.
• Educate clients on eligibility for the CalFresh Program and provide pre-screening and application assistance as necessary.
• Presentations to community members to promote CalFresh and Food Bank services
• Develop existing and establish new outreach connections at community based sites utilizing innovative methods for identifying and reaching non-participating populations.
• Adapt existing educational and marketing materials (from public and private sources) for use within pantry network.
• Provide non-eligible participants with referrals to accessing free food distribution programs and other resources.
Apply online at LOCALWISE Jobs