The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at UCSF is seeking a Lab Helper.
The Lab Helper position is in a zebrafish facility for a neuroscience laboratory with scientists, students and technicians. The Lab Helper will be trained to follow specific procedures for feeding zebrafish, maintain water quality and system maintenance.
• Experience and/or demonstrated interest in fish care
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to follow verbal/written instructions
• Ability to perform all duties listed in Key Responsibilities
• Good communication skills
• Associate degree or have completed/ be working toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in the natural sciences
• Education and/or demonstrated interest in science
• Some prior experience in fish or animal care
See the full job description and apply online at CAL JOBS