rePlanet is seeking Recycling Specialists to assist customers with their recycling beverage containers, sorts recycling beverage containers, and in some locations operates reverse vending machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for opening and closing rePlanet or traditional recycling centers as scheduled and mandated by the State and the Company.
- Purchases aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles from the public, ensuring proper customer service.
- Inspects, sorts, correctly identifies and accurately weighs materials, calling out each weight and verbalizes transaction to the customer.
- Demonstrates reverse vending machine for customers at rePlanet recycling centers.
- Issues a voucher for the recycled material or pays out cash.
- Stores aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles in proper storage container.
- Responsible for sorting and crushing glass bottles.
- Keeps work area clean, organized, and safe.
- Performs daily cleaning and maintenance of equipment and reports any problems.
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning daily of reverse vending machines at rePlanet recycling centers.
- Tests scale with certified weight and ensures accuracy each day before opening.
- Correctly completes required daily and/or weekly paperwork.
- Reports site volume information to central office via voicemail or modem or computer.
- Understands and reports market conditions and competition affecting site.
Apply online at Craigslist