Urban Services YMCA is the social services branch of the YMCA of San Francisco. Our mission is to provide holistic and comprehensive programs that support health, wellness and self-efficacy in youth, families and communities.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Peer Health Program Coordinator for our Peer Health Leaders Program. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented professional who has excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
We seek a candidate who has experience working within the Hope SF Housing Developments and with culturally diverse and economically challenged communities.
The Peer Health Program Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing a program that focuses on promoting health equity, prevent chronic diseases, and support optimal physical/behavioral holistic health among San Francisco’s Black/African American community and all residents of HOPE SF sites.
Specific job duties will include:
1. Provide site-based leadership, help develop and manage the day to day operations.
2. Open and close the wellness center.
3. Implement systems of accountability for Peer Health Leaders
4. Create, Maintain, and track database of HOPE SF residents
5. Train and supervise staff
6. Provides guidance, coaching, training, support and education, and advocacy to families with regard to healthy lifestyle choices
See the full job description and apply online at Craigslist