The Richmond District YMCA is looking for Afterschool teachers/program leaders to join our team. In our Afterschool program, we are intentional about fostering Achievement, Relationships and Belonging.
We need people who are flexible, who will take the initiative, who are punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year. Teachers will incorporate a holistic approach to develop youth academically and emotionally.
- Education: AA Degree preferred
- Licenses & Certifications: CPR and First Aid *Can complete upon hire
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience working with youth
- Must be comfortable leading a classroom and physical activities with youth
- Lead and participate in active sports and games with Youth
- Manage a classroom with a 1:14 ratio
- Monitor participants behavior
- Participate in curriculum activities
- Respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations
- Adequately observe participants’ activities and enforce safety regulations and program expectations