The San Francisco Department of Environment has an opening for an Outreach Coordinator for its Environment Now program.
The Environmental Specialist (Environment Now Coordinator) is responsible for implementing the department’s green careers program, Environment Now. Employees of the Environment Now program serve as the department’s grassroots outreach team and are tasked with delivering public outreach campaigns throughout all communities in San Francisco to promote the department’s goals.
The responsibility of the Environment Now Coordinator is two-fold:
(1) The coordinator must develop the Environment Now participants’ outreach competencies by designing and delivering trainings in eco-literacy, sales, customer service, data management and other project-based scopes such as Zero Waste and Clean Air Transportation.
(2) The coordinator must develop outreach tactics and manage grassroots outreach projects to meet deliverables. This position is under the supervision of the Environment Now Senior Coordinator and while focused on employee development, is an integral part of the department’s outreach coordination team.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Direct and supervise teams of up to nine employees on outreach projects that include tactics such as door-to-door, community presentations, intercepts, and technical trainings
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and supervision of outreach staff including, but not limited to: assigning work and schedules, conducting performance reviews, recommending hire of new employees, and recommending discipline for employees
- Develop and manage grassroots outreach projects and provide general outreach campaign support
- Knowledge of community engagement tactics such as sales and marketing techniques, customer service, community based social marketing and human centered design
- Experience working in a diverse community and with a diverse staff and dedication to inclusivity
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programs and policies: Zero Waste, Energy, Clean Air Transportation, Toxics Reduction, Environmental Justice, and/or Climate
See the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources