Facebook is currently seeking a Spam Analyst to work out of their Menlo Park campus.
The Site Integrity team protects users by preventing abuse as a result of spam. We are building an analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering, operations and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of content at scale. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren’t afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to reduce abuse and negative user experiences across the platform.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to identify trends and opportunities in driving down spam and other nefarious behavior
- Analyze and interpret data in order to devise hypotheses on how spam and other nefarious activity is proliferating
- Implement effective countermeasures to eliminate spam based on these identified patterns
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl) required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees.
- Experience in adversarial space like fraud and spam.
See the complete job description and apply online through LinkedIn