The University of San Francisco currently has an opening for the position of Gardner at their main campus.
The journey level gardener, under the supervision of the landscape foreman, performs skilled landscape gardening to include lawns, shrubs, trees, bedding plants, and playing fields; operates power equipment, and installs and maintains automatic sprinkler systems.
Typical duties are, but not limited to:
- Maintains plants, flower beds, turf, and trees
- Application of fertilizers and sprays insecticides and herbicides;
- Prunes and trims a variety of shrubs and trees;
- Mows with power equipment;
- Performs routine irrigation maintenance, making small installations and changes;
- Inspect and make minor repairs to tools & equipment
Completion of four years of high school supplemented by two years of experience in gardening and landscape maintenance work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have a valid California driving license and clean record.
Knowledge of common trees, plants, plant culture, and turf maintenance; and knowledge of pest control materials and methods; and ability to perform minor mechanical work on equipment; and knowledge of automatic sprinkler systems and ability to read design plans.
Apply online at Cal JOBS