Scholastic Books is seeking a merchandiser to work with schools in Santa Clara County.
Qualified candidates will be able to develop expertise in product, merchandising, and services in order to offer customers the best guidance on conducting their events.
Ensure that fair product is organized, displayed and merchandised according to schematic and restocked as necessary.
They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
- Experience in merchandising, retail or territory sales, event management and customer service.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
- Familiarization with children’s literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
- Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in merchandising, retail or district/ territory sales, event management, personal selling, or customer service is preferred.
- Able to manage a flexible work schedule. Must be able to work 20-30 hours per week. Ability to work overtime when required. Evening hours as needed. Possible overnight travel, depending on business needs.
Apply online at LinkedIn