Mike’s Bikes, a locally-owned chain of Bay Area bike shops, is seeking a Receiving and Distribution Clerk at their Novato distribution center. The R&D Clerk performs all the processes involved in receiving inbound shipments of products; bikes, parts & accessories and apparel. The R&D Clerk also performs all the processes involved in distributing the products we sell to our stores.
Receiving and Distribution Processes
- Unload delivery trucks
- Verify quantities
- Organize items for processing
- Perform clerical and data entry processing
- Label, split and package items
- Maintain back stock storage and organization
- Answer the phone and assist store Associates
- Keep the Receiving and Distribution work area clean, organized and efficient
Receiving and Distribution Clerk Skill Requirements
- Accuracy: Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy when verifying counts and when reconciling written paperwork data and computer data.
- Point of sale system experience.
- Verbal communication skills: Speak clearly and listen carefully to customer phone inquiries and when working with other DC staff.
- Written communication skills: Ability to read and understand anything written in English. Ability to write clear email messages to peers, managers and customers.
- Computer skills: copy, paste, print, make a new folder, name, rename and organize files and folders. Basic spreadsheet use; enter data, sort, format, and print.
- Organizing skills: Sort, categorize, label and store items according to standards.
Apply online at Mike’s Bikes