A San Francisco Youth Services Program serving the Bayview / Hunter’s Point neighborhood is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for office and facility management and support.
The Administrative Assistant carries out his/her responsibilities with an understanding of the Youth Services Programs goals and objectives and in compliance with Youth Service Programs standards and performance contracts. The Administrative Assistant performs his/her duties with cultural competency and a high level of professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phone calls, assisting clients with basic information and assistance as well as triaging urgent calls.
- Greet and log in clients and notifying staff of their presence.
- Opening/Closing client charts; inputs information and data entry in the Avatar software system.
- Required to maintain current information and updates forms as necessary.
- Updates financial information by accessing Medi-Cal websites and/or completing a financial form with clients and explaining payment procedures.
- Completion of high school (Diploma or GED), supplemented by two years of college and minimum of three years paid work experience in general office work, including reception and data entry.
- Must be proficient in the use of the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and Electronic Record Keeping Systems.
- Must type a minimum of 45 WPM.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in oral and written skills.
- Experience working with minority populations is a plus.
- General knowledge of the ethnic, economic and social factors that impact the residents of the neighborhood served.
See the ad and apply online at Craigslist