Founded in 1978, Community Awareness & Treatment Services (CATS), CATS is a private, nonprofit organization that helps those most in need get off the street, achieve stability and establish permanent housing by providing compassionate, culturally sensitive services.
CATS is seeking a FULL-TIME JANITOR (40 hours per week). The Janitor position is responsible for performing janitorial and light maintenance at CATS facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform all scheduled and unscheduled janitorial work.
- Perform all light-duty repairs when necessary.
- Maintain security of all janitorial/maintenance supplies.
- Regularly update supervisor on inventory status of all job-related tools and supplies.
- Inform supervisor about any repair work needed in facility.
- Work cooperatively with Peer Counselors.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Training and meeting attendance.
Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Adequate literacy skills; reading comprehension required.
- Experience and knowledge of accepted janitorial practices.
- Experience and knowledge of routine building maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- CPR and first aid certification within 90 days of hire.
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
- $13.00 per hour (introductory) and $13.33 per hour (post introductory)
- Hours: Full-time; Non-Exempt; 40 hours per week
- Competitive benefits package
- The position is located in San Francisco, California.
Apply for this position through Craigslist
For more information about CATS programs and services at www.catsinc.org