Berkeley Youth Alternatives, an organization working to improve the lives of children, youth, and families, currently has job openings for Counselor and a Development Intern.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Sr. Director of Counseling Programs or another designee, the Counselor works with children, youth, and young adults, some of which are classified as “at-risk” and “high-risk”. Some youth may be in danger of becoming involved with gangs, affiliated with gangs, or members of gangs. The Counselor provides participants with emotional support, psychological support, and mental health services as well as other services using the Medi-Cal Mental Health model and trauma-informed care practices.
The BYA Development Intern serves under the direction of the Associate Director, Program Administrator, and Administrative Assistant and other personnel.
- Help maintaining donor database (DonorPerfect) and sending Thank You letters.
- Reconciliation and data entry for yearly fundraising events such as: Crab Feed, Day at the Races
- BYA representative at community events and presentations. (as needed)
- Assist with grant and resource development efforts when needed.
- Assist with social media.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Other duties to be assigned
Learn more about both these positions at Berkeley Youth Alternatives – Careers