The San Francisco Department of Public Health is currently hiring for the position of Health Care Interpreter Trainee.
The Health Care Interpreter Trainee position provides the opportunity for the individual to gain work experience in an acute care hospital. Work is performed under close supervision and is evaluated on the basis of progress in a structured work experience training program. The Interpreter Trainee will be trained to perform interpreting and dispatching job functions.
- Trains with lead Interpreter to provide services in person, and remotely (telephonic & VMI) to health care providers and non-English and limited English proficient clients and their families in various venues within Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital;
- Serves as a liaison between non-English and limited English proficient patients and healthcare providers;
- Works side by side with health educator to provide health education classes to the targeted non-English speaking patients;
- Translates correspondence, medical histories, medical procedures and instructions, medical consent forms, patient education brochures and other documents as necessary;
- Serves as office dispatcher and dispatching interpreters to the appropriate departments by using all available resources;
- Performs clerical duties such as keeping records, answering the telephone and arranging client appointments; Performs computer data entry.
Apply for this position online at CalJOBS