The Information Technology office is responsible for assisting the courts in achieving the Judicial Council’s technology objectives. The division is directly responsible for the development, acquisition, implementation and support of automated systems in the appellate courts, trial courts and the Judicial Council.
• Provide daily administrative support to Principal Managers, Managers, Supervisors, and staff members of the JCC Court Application Services, and the Shared Services units in Information Technology.
• Manage and coordinate calendars and meetings for Principal Managers and Managers.
• Prepare travel request forms, make travel arrangements, prepare, process, and track travel expense claims.
• Support Information Technology Project Request tracking.
• Maintain and update hard copy and electronic files of travel expense claims, time sheets, correspondence, and other required documents.
• Prepare and assist in preparation of meeting materials including editing presentation slides, proofread agendas, and distributing meeting materials.
• Proofread and format various communication materials such as memos, meeting minutes, and presentations.
• Transcribe meeting minutes and prepare draft minutes.
• Coordinate transportation requests for in-person meetings, review, and process travel expense claims.
• Research and compile travel budget information.
Associate’s degree and one (1) year of administrative support, database maintenance, or meeting/event planning experience.
Additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Two years as an Administrative Assistant with the Judicial Council of California or two years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of an Administrative Assistant in a California state government entity.
For the complete job description, requirements and instructions for how to apply, see the ad at Craigslist