The Department of Veteran’s Affairs has multiple openings for the position of Food Service Worker in San Francisco.
Employee will serve as a Food Service Worker assigned to Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) located at the Veterans Healthcare Administration in San Francisco, CA. Duties will include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Performs duties that require a wide knowledge of food service operations including food and nourishment preparation, tray assembly, Café service tray deliver and pick-up, ware washing and sanitation.
· Prepares serving area for tray service.
· Assembles and portions foods in standard serving sizes, placing item on trays.
· Distribute and collect trays from patient bedside and records information and reporting patient/staff comments and complaints to the supervisor/work leader or dietician.
· Performs a variety of tasks in the dish room.
· Sets up and operates mechanical dishwasher and pot and pan washer.
· Cleans the tables and chairs.
· Sorts, washes, peel, and cuts fresh fruits and vegetables.
· Pushes tray delivery carts to distribute and collect trays.
· Prepares uncooked items following simple instructions.
· Performs other food service/kitchen related duties as assigned.
Apply online at USA Jobs