The Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito is seeking a Facilities and Exhibits Technician.
The Facilities and Exhibits Technician is responsible for day-to-day facilities and maintenance of the Museum, as well as meeting and event production (set-up & take down). This position is also responsible for maintaining the function and appearance of the Museum’s permanent and changing exhibitions, and participating in the fabrication of new exhibit elements. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Perform basic maintenance/repair of all buildings and grounds.
- Adhere to opening and closing security procedures.
- Execute program, event, and festival production, including set-up and teardown.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- Repair and provide preventative maintenance for all exhibits (i.e., mechanical, graphic, and environmental/scenic components, expendable exhibit supplies) to ensure visitor satisfaction.
- Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance.
- Assist with installation and removal of temporary and permanent exhibits.
- Assist with fabrication of new interactive exhibits and/or prototypes.
- Assist in the production and fabrication of signage using Adobe software and vinyl plotter.
Read the complete job description and apply online at Work Force Now