The City and County of San Francisco is looking for qualified Braillist
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Transcribing or producing original documents in braille using computer technology and mechanical devices.
- Maintaining current equipment and keeping updated on current technology trends and developments as they relate to people who use the services.
- Interacting with patrons and connecting those using assistive technology for access via Braille to online resources and braille production.
- Downloading digital Talking Books. Assisting in other Access Services programs as needed; and performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Braille devices and other peripheral equipment and aids.
- Excellent skills in operating braille transcription equipment (including computers and other related devices).
- Knowledge of the local community of people who are blind or have print disabilities.
- Ability to interact successfully with library users with disabilities Commitment to the philosophy of universal access and excellent public service.
“Proficiency in Unified English Braille (UEB) both in reading and writing”
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume to ACE Recruiter- Porsche Bunton: Porsche.firstname.lastname@example.org