The Golden Gate National Park Conservancy is currently seeking seasonal sales associates to work at the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Customer service: Join us in providing an exceptional experience to visitors from all over the world through educaiton and active engagement. We’ll teach you what you need to know about the Golden Gate Bridge and the Golden Gate National Parks. What we need from you is a positive attitude and willingness to try new approaches!
• Teamwork: Work with a skilled retail team ensuring daily operations run smooth. Areas include but are not limited to:
High volume cashiering
Opening/closing operating procedures, including counting tills
Maintaining store appearance through recovery and replenishment
Basic housekeeping (dusting, sweeping, trash removal, spill clean-up, etc.)
Creative problem solving
Physical inventory preparation & execution
• Interpersonal skills: We represent several partnerships including the National Park Service. So check the attitude and personal issues at the door and bring a positive energy and enthusiasm when on the sales floor.
• Communication: With literally thousands of visitors coming through our doors daily, we need to have a team who can keep their conversations short yet informative. Practice your communication skills and help us build our reputation while learning how to message information thoughtfully yet quickly.
• Other duties as assigned by management and more opportunities for growth if we see you step it up!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates must have experience in cash handling and be able to operate a POS system.
• Candidates must enjoy working in a high volume & fast paced store.
• Bilingual a plus.
• Knowledge of National Parks, local history, transportation, and tourist attractions a plus.
• All candidates must be willing to work 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8:30am-7:30pm, all summer weekends, and Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day holidays.
Apply online at Parks Conservancy – Jobs & Opportunities