Project Open Hand is currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.
Who we are: Every day, thousands of people in the Bay Area are battling serious, life-threatening illnesses. And every day, Project Open Hand is there for them — providing healthy, nourishing meals with love. We also provide hot, nutritious meals for seniors to help them tackle the health challenges of old age. While engaging thousands of volunteers, donors, paid staff and local companies, we feed our neighbors in need.
the Volunteer Coordinator engages, coordinates, and motivates our incredible community of Volunteers. This is an ideal position for an energetic, confident, organized and analytical individual looking to continue their career helping chronically ill and elderly in a dynamic work environment.
Who you are:
If you are an available, kind, reliable, and competent worker who meets our qualifications we want to meet you.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in coordinating volunteers
- Experience managing databases (Salesforce preferred)
- Successful experience coordinating volunteers with mental/physical challenges
- Strong cross-cultural competency
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Working knowledge of Network infrastructure
- Degree in social services, or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Working familiarity and experience with Salesforce database
See the complete job description and apply for this position online at Project Open Hand – Volunteer Coordinator