Canal Alliance University Prep (UP!) is a college readiness, afterschool program designed to support students in their journey to enroll in and graduate from a 4 year university. We provide weekly tutoring, advisory class, academic workshops, daily homework help, counseling, college scholarships, and family support services.
The Program Assistant is a 10 month, full-time position that reports to the University Prep Manager. The Program Assistant supports the middle and high school programs. Work hours are Monday-Thursday 11am-7pm, and Fridays 10am-6pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and facilitate advisory classes on “college knowledge”
Knowledge, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
• Knowledge of college admission requirements and application processes
• Effective positive discipline and classroom management skills
• Understanding of and ability to support students with middle school subject matter
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, or pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with low-income youth or students of color (preferred)
• Spanish/English bilingual (preferred)
Apply for this position at Craigslist