San Francisco International Airport currently has an opening for an in-house graphic designer / artist. The designer will be an employee of the City and County of san Francisco.
Under direction, this position is responsible for designing and preparing graphs, charts, posters, diagrams, final drawings, sketches, exhibits and photographs used in presentations, publications, multi-media and public information releases.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Designs layouts of reports, brochures, flyers, bookmarks, booklists, logos, newsletters, posters, forms, signs, and other printed material and selects appropriate typography, color treatment and paper stock using computer systems, desktop publishing software including illustration, web design, photographic retouching, and other graphic design software.
2. Performs specialized design, typesetting and pre-press work in connection with the preparation of presentation drawings, publications, multi-media, public information releases and similar media using computer-aided graphics.
3. Designs, executes and edits a variety of drawings and illustrations using computer-aided graphics.
4. Scans, manipulates and corrects photographic images to incorporate with desktop publishing software.
5. Uses desktop publishing software and appropriate computer hardware to produce graphs, charts and maps.
6. Communicates and interacts with departmental staff, vendors, staff from printers, service bureaus and color houses to assure quality reproduction of project designs.
7. Prepares sketches, graphs, charts, posters, diagrams, final drawings, exhibits and photographs either from direct consultation with staff members of from rough sketches.
Possession of an Associate in Arts degree (two year degree) from an accredited college or university with coursework in graphic art or design; AND
General Specialty: One (1) year of professional experience in graphic art or web design.
Apply for this position online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources