A San Francisco tech company is hiring online agents to assist blind and visually impaired customers understand their surroundings through live video streaming.
From the ad:
As an Aira Agent you simply log onto our dashboard from your computer at home and begin answering video calls from our customers who reside across the United States – you will help them to shop, read their mail or computer screen, cook meals or even describe individuals in social settings – the scenarios are varied and unique. You will join a small but growing team of Aira Agents who, along with training, will help you hone your skills and share your calls.
Through a live video stream, you are able to see what they would be seeing, and provide the information they need to make decisions or explore their world.
Apply for this position online at Aira
The LEGO store in the San Francisco Shopping Centre is currently accepting applications for Brick Specialists.
Join the LEGO Brand Retail team as a Temporary “Brick Specialist” and provide inspirational guest experiences in an interactive and vibrant store environment. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to join us on a temporary, part-time basis.
• Ensure a signature experience for every guest that visits our LEGO stores by greeting every guest in your location, performing all cash register functions and portraying a professional, gracious, friendly and engaging manner at all times (80%)
• Provide a clean, safe and visually stimulating environment by performing daily cleaning duties, maintaining store displays and learning and executing LEGO Brand Retail visual standards (10%)
• Safely and efficiently operate the store stockroom as you assist in the receiving of merchandise, maintain the stockroom to LBR standards, know and abide by all safety regulations and notify management of potential shortage situations (10%)
• Communicate effectively with team members and guests
• Process information/merchandise through the register system
• Work various hours, days, nights and weekends as business dictates
• Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock areas, register areas, and loading dock area
• Physical specifications: Constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs
• There is potential for this to become a regular role for excellent performers
Interested? Apply now at LEGO Jobs
American Greetings is seeking a part-time merchandiser to cover accounts in the downtown San Francisco area.
Bring your energy and flexibility when you service the greeting card departments in our retail partner locations. The position averages 15-20 hours per week.
- Merchandise American Greetings product and displays
- Rotate products from the backroom and out to the department
- Keep back room stock in neat and orderly condition
- Display promotional material such as signs and banners in accounts
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision (self-managed role)
- Use company provided mobile technology to perform basic job functions
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
Apply online at CAL JOBS
The Marin County Human Resources Department and the Marin County Free Library are conducting a recruitment for a bilingual (Spanish/English) Community Library Specialist (CLS), part time (60 hours biweekly), for the F.L.A.G.ship program.
The F.L.A.G.ship is a 28 foot long vehicle which travels throughout Marin County making regularly scheduled stops to deliver year-round literacy services to families and daycare providers. The F.L.A.G.ship program offers education and health workshops to adults and their children 0 – 5 years old in a fun and educational environment. Story times, kids’ songs, games, puppets, crafts and other fun kindergarten-readiness activities are presented to children and modeled for adults.
The Community Library Specialist (CLS) for the F.L.A.G.ship program has wide ranging and interesting responsibilities. The CLS is responsible for promoting the F.L.A.G.ship program and providing classes and activities that promote early literacy to young children and their families and caregivers living in remote and underserved areas of Marin County. The CLS develops and delivers age appropriate, culturally competent, bilingual (Spanish/English) curricula and activities to children age 0 – 5 years; tracks daily attendance and book distribution; drives the 28 foot long F.L.A.G.ship vehicle; and performs basic maintenance tasks such as cleaning, refueling and bringing the bus to the garage for repairs while tracking maintenance and problems in the bus log.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will be bilingual in English and Spanish, have experience working with young children, and enjoy the challenge of meeting the needs of second language learners. Our ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills which they will use when representing Marin County Free Library and the F.L.A.G.ship program to individuals, community organizations, schools, and outreach events throughout the county. They must be a team player, organized, and dedicated to communicating positively with individuals from a variety of socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Apply for this position online at County of Marin – Department of Human Resources
Ushers are needed for ongoing performances of Beach Blanket Babylon!
Silverhat Bar Inc., providing services to Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, the nation’s longest running theatrical cabaret show, has immediate openings. We are located in San Francisco’s North Beach district and perform year round.
House Staff Usher: Full-benefit position available. Set up the theater, greet show attendees, take tickets, seat patrons within sections and monitor the theater during performances.
No theater experience is necessary, though hospitality/customer service experience is a plus. You must be at least 21 years of age. Work hours are primarily evenings and weekends, Wednesday through Sunday; with occasional shows scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays.
For instructions on how to apply, see the ad at Craigslist
Sprout’s Farmer’s Market in San Rafael is currently accepting applications for Courtesy Clerks.
As a Courtesy Clerk, you will be a customer service ambassador. While properly handling and bagging shoppers’ groceries, you’ll be focused on delivering extraordinary customer service. Whether you’re helping someone find a product in the store, gathering carts from the outdoors or sweeping or picking up a spill, you are the face of Sprouts to our customers. We look for a friendly and outgoing attitude in addition to an understanding of what it means to be on a team and its positive impacts.
- At least 16 years of age
- Dependable and reliable
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business does
- Follow all Front End procedures and work closely with other Team Members throughout the store
Apply online at Sprout’s – Careers
San Francisco-based Timbuk2 is currently seeking Retail Team Members for their Mission District store at 587 Shotwell St.
Store Team Members at Timbuk2 are full of spirit and spend their days helping people to find or even design their perfect bag. We believe the best Team Members are the ones who bring their A game to work everyday but know how to keep it light and fun.
How you will spend your time:
- Provide out-of-this-world Customer Experience
- Perform cashier duties
- Assist customers in styling and designing Timbuk2 custom products
- Assist in merchandising displays throughout the store
- Assist in the organization of events and parties including staffing of events
- Having loads of FUN!
What you’ll need to rock this role:
- Outrageously solid customer service skills or just a general love of people!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Enthusiastic team player and motivated individual contributor
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds (if applicable)
This position is part time and includes bonus opportunities.
Feel free to drop resume, in person, to store manager on location and/or send resume via Craigslist post.
The Dixie School District in San Rafael is seeking a bus driver.
The position is 4.5 hours per day split shift (2.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon) and follows the school calendar.
Class B license with passenger endorsement preferred, but will provide training. Paid stipend during training.
- Ability to understand and carryout oral and written directions in English.
- Clean DMV
- Fingerprinting and TB Clearance required if hired.
For application instructions, please see the ad at Craigslist
Marin County Free Library is looking for Community Library Specialists and Mobile Library Assistants to assist in promoting the F.L.A.G.ship Program offering education and health workshops to young children and their families in remote and underserved areas of Marin County.
The ideal candidates for these part-time, temporary positions will be bilingual (Spanish/English) and enjoy working with young children and their families. Experience driving a large vehicle is preferred. For more information about these positions, please contact Bonny White at email@example.com.
RGIS is currently hiring part-time inventory associates to service San Francisco and the surrounding area.
RGIS will be hosting a job fair Monday, March 20 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at 1800 Oakdale Avenue in San Francisco.
Interested applicants should fill out an application online prior to the event at careers.rgis.com
Landmark Theaters is currently seeking part time Theatre Staff for our Embarcadero Center location:
Qualified Candidates have:
- An understanding of and experience in Guest Service
- The ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- The ability to create experiences that set our theatres apart and promote a fun work environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the goals of the theatre
- Experience with cash handling in a retail or food service environment
- Availability on weekends, evenings and holidays, and flexibility to meet theatres’ availability requirements
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing unsurpassed Guest Service in various positions
- Directing and assisting guests to their seats
- Sales transactions in the concession stand and the box office
- Cleaning and maintaining theatre facilities, including food preparation areas, auditoriums and restrooms.
- Having a positive attitude and contributing to a teamwork-oriented environment
Apply online through Craigslist
The Exploratorium is seeking part-time Field Trip Explainers.
The Exploratorium is a not-for-profit museum dedicated to the public understanding of science, art, and human perception. It has pioneered the role of museums as active teaching centers with original programming based on an interactive approach to learning. It serves as an interdisciplinary resource for schools, universities, scientists, and artists, as well as for the public.
Field Trip Explainers serve as educators for field trips and general visitors during the school year. The Field Trip Explainers report to the Field Trips Assistant Manager and Acting Director.
• Greet and orient school groups as they arrive at the museum for their field trips.
• Conduct demonstrations and engage students in explorations of exhibits.
• Oversee all areas open to the public and identify and report broken exhibits.
• Answer students’ and teachers’ questions about the exhibits and the museum.
• Support other Explainers by filling in as needed and through good, regular communication.
• Participate in regular Explainer trainings.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to teach in a non-classroom setting.
• Ability and interest in learning exhibits and their scientific principles and communicating these to students and teachers.
• Demonstrated interest in education.
• Able to interact with and manage large groups.
• Able to exercise good judgement (think on your feet).
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Cantonese highly desirable.
Apply for this position online at Exploratorium – Jobs
Corte Madera Parks & Rec is looking for a front desk assistant on Mondays and Tuesdays, 8am-5pm (16 hours/week).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing office
- Answering and forwarding telephone calls
- Face to face contact with the public
- Program Registration (both on the phone and in person)
- Picnic Rentals
- Opening and distributing mail
- Printing reports
- Email Correspondence
- Assist with Special Events
- Duties may be added as needed
Apply for this position online at Craigslist
Select Workforce Specialists is currently seeking energetic candidates to work as Cashiers for the 2017 baseball season at AT&T Park. Associates will provide excellent customer service, assist with concession stands and support operational duties.
This is a great opportunity for students looking for a flexible work schedule and for full time workers looking for a side job to pick up extra hours. There is no set schedule. You choose the games that you want to work!
•Handling cash transactions, providing customer change, processing credit cards purchases.
•Maintain merchandise presentation and housekeeping standards
•Maintain a friendly environment to encourage a positive customer experience
•Contribute to the team’s working environment by adhering to the company’s policies and procedures.
Apply online at Select Workforce Specialists
Trips for Kids is seeking a passionate and experienced Grant Writer to join our team. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of writing persuasive and successful grants and proposals raising funds for non-profit programs. This is a part-time position located in TFK’s San Rafael office.
• Research, write and submit grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new and existing agency programs and general operations.
• Lead conversations and work closely with Executive Director and program staff on new funding strategies.
• Minimum of five years of foundation and government grant writing and reporting experience.
See the complete job description and requirements at Craigslist
Vans is seeking a Stockroom Supervisor for their store in the San Francisco Centre.
As the Stockroom Supervisor, you will support the Store Manager with the execution of the daily business, customer engagement, store operations, talent supervision, and merchandising standards in the store. You are a key and important member of the store leadership team who oversees and supervises shipment deliveries and maintains replenishment of stock levels on the sales floor
See the complete job description and apply online at Workday
The City of Alameda has announced an open exam and examination period for the position Library Associate I.
$19.24 – $28.42 per hour
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Provides routine delivery of library services including assisting library patrons, serving the circulation desk, answering basic reference questions, and performing related library support tasks as needed. Requires graduation from high school, substantial clerical experience, and basic typing/computer skills. Two years of college and technical library experience are highly desirable.
Approximately 15-20 hours per week, including evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and as needed; openings may be in Main, Branch, or Children’s libraries.
For more information on how to apply, visit CalOpps.org
Academy of Art University in San Francisco is currently hiring for the position of Library Assistant. There is one full-time and one part-time position available.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides public service and performs a variety of duties related to the operation of the circulation desk
- Works with the integrated library system (Millennium by Innovative Interfaces, Inc) and performs routine clerical work as assigned
- Provides circulation, ready-reference and reserve services to library patrons at assigned service points. Works on special projects as assigned
- Checks materials in and out
- Registers borrowers and updates borrowers’ records
- Calculates and receives fines and fees
- Carries out and explains circulation policies and procedures to patrons
- Answers telephones and routes calls if necessary
- Assists patrons with access to reserve materials
- Provides basic ready-reference services in person and by telephone
- Opens and closes the library on weekends and evenings
- Works on special projects as assigned. Includes: bar coding library materials, shifting library collections and moving shelves, book repair, and moving light furniture
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail when working on library tasks
- Demonstrates familiarity with library technology, such as online catalogs, wikis, blogs, databases, etc.
- Troubleshoots basic problems with library equipment, including computers (Mac and PC), scanners, copiers, and printers
- Assists patrons with basic computer functions and programs including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Preview, and Photoshop
- Takes on ad hoc projects such as shelving, inventory, and other general library duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of current practices in library and information technologies and educational trends, particularly in relation to Circulation and Public Service in libraries
- Cooperates in a teamwork fashion with all coworkers and provides excellent customer service to all library patrons
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
See the ad and apply online through Craigslist
The Container Store is seeking part-time morning merchandisers for their San Francisco store at 4th and Market.
In merchandising, you are…
- Organizing and ensuring we have a well-merchandised store.
- Presenting products, unloading trucks, lifting boxes, climbing ladders and cleaning the store.
- Working with a great team, surrounded by lively music, resulting in a huge sense of accomplishment.
Read the complete job description and apply online at The Container Store
The San Francisco JCC is seeking a Customer Service Representative for their Aquatics Center front desk. The purpose of this position is to provide courteous and professional customer service and operational support to our Swim School participants and as well as the Aquatics Center users and staff.
- Provide outstanding customer service to program participants, members and guests
- Provide class and program registration services for walk-in, telephone and email registrations
- Demonstrate JCCSF’s Customer Service Standards
- Maintain filing systems and organization of the Aquatics Customer Service Office
- Answer and respond to all voice mails and emails in a prompt and professional manner
- Provide outstanding administrative support for the aquatics programs and the aquatics management team.
- Customer service experience is essential
- Experience answering phones
- Excellent interpersonal skills: good attitude, warm, friendly and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative skills including strong computer proficiency
- Ability to obtain Aquatics Concepts Swim Instructor certification
- Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification is a plus
See the complete job description and apply online at JCCSF – Aquatics Customer Service Representative
The Community Media Center of Marin (CMCM) is a non-profit organization providing residents of Marin County with access to communication technologies, media training and the latest digital tools so they can create cable TV and online media. CMCM operates Marin TV, Marin County’s own non-commercial community, educational and governmental cable channels
The Digital Media Assistant will assist in the operation of channel playback systems; operate and manage channel graphic software; implement programming schedules; support maintenance of programming and producer files; log, transcode and ingest playback files, monitor and enforce programming policies and procedures; and manage all other related aspects of master control operations for the channels.
- Manage encoding and scheduling of video programming for broadcast
- Responsible for quality control of media content
- Occasional program editing
- Assist in curating the Marin TV On-Demand site
See the complete job description and apply online through Craigslist
Youth Art Exchange (YAX) is seeking an experienced faculty artist in black and white photography to become a part of our vibrant youth arts center in San Francisco.
Candidates must be working professionals in the field of photography, preferably experienced in working with urban high school youth. Our classes average a 12:1 student ratio.
Working at Youth Art Exchange includes:
– Developing curriculum and syllabus in collaboration with Program Director,
– Attending four faculty meetings and participating in professional development activities.
– Having ongoing communication with students, their families, and YAX staff regarding student issues.
– Seeking opportunities to collaborate with other Youth Art Exchange programs.
– Exposing students to the Bay Area arts scene.
– Developing weekly lesson plans, and arranging supplies with Program Director.
– Curriculum and reflection meetings with Program Director.
– Developing and planning class field trips, and final public exhibition / performance.
See the complete job description and apply online at Craigslist
Mondelēz International, maker of Nabisco and other foods, is seeking a Sales Service Representative (Merchandiser) to cover territory in Marin County.
As a Merchandiser for our company you are primarily, though not exclusively, merchandising Nabisco specific brands. Areas of focus will include full-shelf conditions, neatly-merchandised displays and shelves, building display point-of-sale in all areas of the store, properly-rotated product on the shelf, and accurate price tags / point-of-sale in all departments. A major objective of this role is to establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, while providing outstanding customer service. This role will be responsible for maintaining a timely and accurate merchandising call schedule
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-pace work environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to the safety expectations and processes
- Planning and organizing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate
Apply online at Mondelēz International
Byte Foods is looking for an entrepreneurial individual passionate about growing a business. The ideal candidate would serve on warehouse staff and help build the Byte brand by receiving orders, labeling product, managing inventory, packing routes and stocking shelves.
What’s it like working at Byte?
- Fun, casual environment.
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re helping people’s daily lives.
- Get it done. Zero bureaucracy. Make a direct impact.
- High-level of excellence across the company. Everyone adds tangible value.
Who we’re looking for:
- Passionate people who put team before ego.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Flexible availability.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Organized work and strong attention to detail.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- People who can turn on a dime and embrace rapid changes.
- Basic knowledge of computers for tracking inventory and purchase orders.
Benefits & Perks
- Starting at 20-24 hours per week (Sun, Mon, Wed) with expectation for more days and hours in the near future.
- Growth opportunities for high achievers in a fast growing company
- More free food than you can eat.
Apply now at Localwise
The Marin County Human Resources Department and the Department of Cultural Services are announcing a recruitment for the position of Accounting Assistant.
The Accounting Assistant performs in a myriad of fiscal areas; accounting, treasury, revenue billing and collection, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, statistical and other financial, fiscal and/or budgetary office support in a centralized or departmental setting. This entry level accounting/financial support position also processes, records, reviews and reconciles a variety of financial transactions and prepares forms and documentations necessary to support the activities of the Division.
Two years of experience in preparing, processing, and maintaining accounting documents and records. Education or professional training that is directly related to the knowledge and skills requirements may substitute for up to one year of the experience requirement.
Apply for this job at County of Marin – Human Resources Department
The San Francisco Public Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Page.
Under immediate supervision, the Library Page performs routine library clerical work. The essential functions assigned to this class include: shelving and sorting books and other library materials according to the Dewey Decimal or other library classification system, by alphabetical, chronological or subject order; scanning barcodes, stamping, security taping, labeling, reinforcing bindings; performing minor book repair by replacing mylar covers, barcodes, and spine labels; performing basic services within the integrated library systems (ILS) software to create and access customer accounts.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED or High School Proficiency Examination) OR Six (6) months (1,000 hours) of clerical or customer service experience (verification/proof of education and/or experience is required at time of filing application);
2. Ability to lift boxes /bins weighing up to 30 lbs. and ability to move loaded carts weighing up to 250 lbs
See the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
Costco is seeking friendly people for the position of Product Demonstrator at their Novato store.
The part-time Product Demonstrator position requires you to prepare and demonstrate both food and non-food vendor products to Costco club members. You must be able to positively engage members to promote and increase the sales of products.
The part-time Product Demonstrator position requires you to prepare and demonstrate both food and non-food vendor products to Costco club members. You must be able to positively engage members to promote and increase the sales of products.
• The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, a neat appearance, and superb customer focus
• Part-time schedule-must be able to work flexible hours to include work availability for weekends
• Must be able to stand the duration of the shift and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
• Requires ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Must have basic computer skills
Apply online at CDS Jobs
Buckelew Programs has a unique entry-level opportunity in our Counseling Services program with semi-part-time hours (6 hours per day/afternoons) and full benefits, including employer paid medical, dental and vision as well as paid time off accruals.
The Receptionist is responsible for receiving clients, the overall management of office procedures for the program and providing clerical support to the Program Director and clinical staff in order to maintain an efficient and client-friendly environment and work place. Consistently supports the mission and objectives of Buckelew Programs by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and Buckelew policies and procedures.
See the full job description and apply online at Craigslist
Canal Alliance seeks a SalesForce data entry assistant to support the Development Department. The position is a temporary, part time (20-25 hours per week) role with a flexible work schedule.
Duties include maintaining accurate donor records in Salesforce, entering and acknowledging donations, and creating reports and lists for mailings and events. The position requires a focused, organized and detail-oriented individual with database experience. Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce is desired and preferred. For the right candidate, the position could lead to full-time employment.
For more than three decades, Canal Alliance has been the leading service provider and community advocate for Marin’s low-income, Spanish speaking immigrants. Canal Alliance helps vulnerable members of this target population, who have fled their home countries to escape poverty and/or persecution, acquire the tools they need to thrive.
See the ad and apply online at Canal Alliance
Marin Head Start is looking for a part-time (20 hour) staff person to provide general office and program support in a timely and effective manner.
Candidates must be able to:
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be bilingual both written and verbal in the Spanish and English language
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to work in a team environment
See the ad and apply online through Craigslist