The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is currently accepting applications for seasonal sales associates for the Cell House gift shop on Alcatraz Island.
This is a unique opportunity to work on Alcatraz Island and to join the community of people who make Alcatraz one of the most popular National Park sites. The three retail stores on Alcatraz raise revenue to help preserve and tell the Alcatraz story, as well as generate funds for projects throughout the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Share your enthusiasm, passion, and commitment for the parks with visitors from across the globe. Discover the layers of history that make the Alcatraz story so compelling. Love what you do. Full time positions are currently available!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (samples)
- Candidate must possess highly developed visitor services skills and must enjoy working in one of the most visited National Park sites.
- Must be able to effectively operate a P.O.S. system
- Candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, physically demanding environment.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred.
Read the complete job description and apply online at Parks Conservancy
The Golden Gate National Park Conservancy is currently seeking seasonal sales associates to work at the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Customer service: Join us in providing an exceptional experience to visitors from all over the world through educaiton and active engagement. We’ll teach you what you need to know about the Golden Gate Bridge and the Golden Gate National Parks. What we need from you is a positive attitude and willingness to try new approaches!
• Teamwork: Work with a skilled retail team ensuring daily operations run smooth. Areas include but are not limited to:
High volume cashiering
Opening/closing operating procedures, including counting tills
Maintaining store appearance through recovery and replenishment
Basic housekeeping (dusting, sweeping, trash removal, spill clean-up, etc.)
Creative problem solving
Physical inventory preparation & execution
• Interpersonal skills: We represent several partnerships including the National Park Service. So check the attitude and personal issues at the door and bring a positive energy and enthusiasm when on the sales floor.
• Communication: With literally thousands of visitors coming through our doors daily, we need to have a team who can keep their conversations short yet informative. Practice your communication skills and help us build our reputation while learning how to message information thoughtfully yet quickly.
• Other duties as assigned by management and more opportunities for growth if we see you step it up!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates must have experience in cash handling and be able to operate a POS system.
• Candidates must enjoy working in a high volume & fast paced store.
• Bilingual a plus.
• Knowledge of National Parks, local history, transportation, and tourist attractions a plus.
• All candidates must be willing to work 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8:30am-7:30pm, all summer weekends, and Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day holidays.
Apply online at Parks Conservancy – Jobs & Opportunities
The LEGO store in the San Francisco Shopping Centre is currently accepting applications for Brick Specialists.
Join the LEGO Brand Retail team as a Temporary “Brick Specialist” and provide inspirational guest experiences in an interactive and vibrant store environment. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to join us on a temporary, part-time basis.
• Ensure a signature experience for every guest that visits our LEGO stores by greeting every guest in your location, performing all cash register functions and portraying a professional, gracious, friendly and engaging manner at all times (80%)
• Provide a clean, safe and visually stimulating environment by performing daily cleaning duties, maintaining store displays and learning and executing LEGO Brand Retail visual standards (10%)
• Safely and efficiently operate the store stockroom as you assist in the receiving of merchandise, maintain the stockroom to LBR standards, know and abide by all safety regulations and notify management of potential shortage situations (10%)
• Communicate effectively with team members and guests
• Process information/merchandise through the register system
• Work various hours, days, nights and weekends as business dictates
• Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock areas, register areas, and loading dock area
• Physical specifications: Constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs
• There is potential for this to become a regular role for excellent performers
Interested? Apply now at LEGO Jobs
The San Francisco Giants are currently accepting applications for Fan Zone Attendants for the 2017 Baseball season at AT&T Park.
Fan Zone Attendants act as host to guests/fans during their visit to the Fan Zone. It is important that Fan Zone Attendants are readily accessible, helpful and courteous at all times, while always stressing safety first. Assigned to a specific area for each game, Fan Zone Attendants are positioned in the mini-ballpark, where they pitch to children or help organize and control the line, the speed pitch, where they retrieve baseballs, and the slide area, where they monitor slides, making sure they are used in the safest manner possible.
- Be an ambassador of the San Francisco Giants Organization
- Inspect work area for any safety hazards prior to gates opening.
- Keep the Fan Zone clean of trash and spills by constantly picking up trash and cleaning up small spills, and notifying Maintenance Staff immediately for larger cleanup needs.
- Greet guests in a pleasant manner and offer to help them before they have to come to you.
- Responsible for enforcing Giants policy and procedures and fan lot safety guidelines at all times
For a complete job description and application instructions, see the ad at Craigslist
Installer – Communications Division
The Department of Public Works, Communication Division is seeking an Installer for a full time temporary extra hire position. The candidate will have an electronics background and knowledge of basic electronic theory, including Ohms Law, AC/DC theory, audio and radio frequency circuits. Also desirable is knowledge of installation and repair principles of mobile radio equipment, light bars, wiring, auto electrical systems and basic auto body work. Must be able to read and interpret simple electronic drawings, diagrams and measurements, and have a working knowledge of mathematics for electronic technology. The ideal candidate uses sound independent judgment within established procedural guidelines and is knowledgeable regarding the safe operation of hand and power tools used in facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
For more information about the position please contact Richard Chuck at (415) 473-7313 or at Rchuck@marincounty.org.
GGRC has an immediate opening for a full-time Office Assistant in our busy San Francisco office for the Intake and Assessment unit to provide general administrative support to multiple departments within the Agency. Prepare and scan records of those supported, operating scanning equipment, and assuring quality control of electronic files. Must have access to reliable transportation to fill in as needed at other offices. May act as a team to provide back-up to busy front desk. Assignment is expected to last 3-4 months.
Collect, collate and organize medical, school and other records of individuals who are being evaluated for determination of eligibility. Receive, organize, prepare and prioritize documents of potential individuals interested in receiving services from the Agency for scanning to electronic imaging system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of college education required, including coursework in Social Work or related subjects preferred
- 2+ years experience in office setting involving production typing, processing of documents, and a variety of general clerical duties
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred, to converse with callers including thorough knowledge of colloquial and relevant technical/functional terminology and ability to be speak and understand relevant spoken/written dialects in Spanish, as appropriate.
See the full job description and requirements at GGRC Office Assistant
Marin County Parks is hiring within the Landscape Division. The position requires planting, watering and maintaining various landscaped areas; turf grass care and fertilization; maintenance of public facilities and structures; weeding and spreading landscape mulch; constructing fences, signs, & other structure projects; drain cleaning, hand & power tool operation; grass cutting, brush removal, tree pruning for wildfire fuel reduction; learning the safe operation of a variety of hand and power tools; performing heavy, physical labor in landscaped areas; representing the Landscape Division, providing information to the public and wearing a uniform; removal of trash and garbage from landscaped areas; public contact: providing information and assistance; working with low voltage landscape electrical systems.
Some direct experience or college level education in landscape maintenance, parks operations, or environmental resources studies is desirable. Level of appointment within the salary range is dependent upon the amount of experience and/or education directly related to the area of assignment.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE: Direct experience in the construction trade.
See the ad and apply online at Craigslist
Live and work on an amazing island park in the middle of the San Francisco Bay!
Angel Island State Park is looking to fill seasonal park positions by March 2016, and is looking for people who would love to work in one of the most beautiful and historic settings in California. Surrounded by the San Francisco Bay, Angel Island offers the unique opportunity to work in both natural and historic sites in a California State Park. Additionally, positions on Angel Island come with the opportunity to live on the island in a dorm setting in a historic home. The cost of living the in the Bay area has skyrocketed in the past few years, housing on Angel Island works out to be less than $100 per month including utilities!
Duration: Positions run for a maximum of 1500 hours in a nine-month period; hours may be reduced due to budget constraints. Peak season is March- October.
Duties include: Answering visitor questions, providing interpretive guided tours to groups of all ages, provide staff support during special events. Collection of museum and tour fees provides site maintenance, and assist with possible research projects. Support school group tour operation. Support to other island visitor services operations and support during emergency response as needed.
Desirable characteristics: Ability to work weekends & holidays. Experience with public speaking and in large group settings. The ability to handle questions about potentially sensitive topics. Good organizational skills and pro-active attitude. The ability to accept and benefit from training in public service work. Multilingual skills a plus.
For instructions on how to apply, see the ad at Craigslist
The Stern Grove Festival is a yearly concert series taking place each summer at the Sigmund Stern Grove outdoor amphitheater at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard in San Francisco.
The festival is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Production Assistants
- Area Leaders
For complete job descriptions, visit the website Stern Grove Festival
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is seeking Seasonal Sales Associates for the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center.
Job description: Join us in providing an exceptional experience to visitors from all over the world through education and active engagement. We’ll teach you what you need to know about the Golden Gate Bridge and the Golden Gate National Parks. What we need from you is a positive attitude and willingness to try new approaches!
Teamwork: Work with a skilled retail team ensuring daily operations run smooth. Areas include but are not limited to:
- High volume cashiering
- Opening/closing operating procedures
- Including counting tills
- Maintaining store appearance through recovery and replenishment
- Basic housekeeping (dusting, sweeping, trash removal, spill clean-up, etc.)
- Creative problem solving
- Physical inventory preparation & execution
See the full job description and apply online at Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
San Francisco Public Library is seeking enthusiastic, friendly and innovative individuals for an 12-month paid internship in The Mix at SFPL, a dynamic digital media center at San Francisco’s Main Library where Teens create, perform, learn, engage and share with peers, mentors, their communities and the world beyond.
SFPL is accepting applications for three (3) part-time positions in Class 9912 Public Service Aide/Technical – College Intern. The Mix at SFPL is located at the Main Library, 100 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
Selected interns will work with professional staff, adult mentors and volunteers to gain valuable career and educational skills alongside industry professionals and gain experience in media production (audio, video, music and art) and public library service to teens. Through this program, Interns will have the opportunity to gain essential work skills to support their career options.
Under supervision, Interns will perform the following essential duties including but not limited to:
– Help develop programs for teens;
– Receive training and mentoring from professionals;
– Serve as mentors and leaders for younger teens;
– Assist with outreach efforts to promote The Mix at SFPL to
organizations serving teens in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco;
– Assist with maintenance and organization of equipment in The Mix at SFPL;
– Communicate with and greet teens who visit The Mix at SFPL; and
– Assist with registration for programs.
Apply for this position online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
EAH Housing has been Developing, Managing and Promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
This position is for a temporary Salesforce Project Coordinator based out of our offices in San Rafael, CA. The Project Coordinator will oversee the implementation of the company’s transition into a Salesforce relationship-management and recordkeeping system. Salesforce Administration certification, experience with membership and/or donor software and familiarity with Microsoft CRM software highly desirable.
The Salesforce Administrator will oversee the implementation of the company’s transition into a Salesforce relationship-management and recordkeeping system for several applications, including all aspects of data gathering, system configuration, and execution of the conversion, in coordination with an external consultant. This is a temporary, long-term (6-12 months) position.
See the complete job description and apply online at EAH Housing – Careers
LEGO is seeking to fill the position of Seasonal Merchandiser to cover accounts in the North Bay.
Merchandisers provide exceptional service in our top accounts. This is a seasonal assignment that is anticipated to last through January 2017, but may last longer depending on needs.
Merchandisers represent the LEGO brand with best placement in all retail settings.
• Responsible for maintaining shelf presence, merchandising and replenishing the LEGO sections at retail
• Accountable for set displays, inventory integrity, and installing point of purchase materials
• Build relationships as you share product knowledge and the LEGO® brand values with store management and consumers
• Reporting of all merchandising activity as directed by field manager
Required Skills and Experience:
• Retail merchandising experience preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail
• Personal cell phone with ability to text, computer, internet access, and ability to email and print
• Able to lift up to 30 lbs. and climb a ladder up to 20 feet
• Own vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance, a good DMV record in order to drive from store to store
Apply online at Retail Jobs North America
Bloomingdale’s is seeking part-time seasonal stock associates for its San Francisco store. As a Recovery Associate, you will play a key role in the operational aspects of our business. You will and perform tasks that are critical in offering our customers the best shopping experience in our stores by maintaining the high customer service and presentation standards on our selling floor and in the stockroom. The Recovery Associate ensures the selling floor is neat, clean and organized while having some interaction with shopping customers.
Seasonal Retail Stock Recovery Associate Essential Functions:
• Greeting all walk-in customers promptly and delivering “friendly and attentive service”
• Folds clothing using the folding table; produces a consistent fold and tucks in all tickets for a neat presentation
• Organizes merchandise by style, size and color
• Returns merchandise from the fitting rooms back to the selling floor
• Locate pre-sold merchandise for customers as needed
• Finds a sales associate or takes that customer to the register when he/she is ready to make a purchase
• Basic understanding of merchandise – the features, advantages and benefits
• Perform other duties as assigned according to the needs of the business
Apply online at CAL JOBS