Bank of Marin currently is seeking a bookkeeper to work out of the Novato branch.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible to research and resolve various exception items. This person will be required to act as the central resource for all internal/external clients related to Adjustments / Exceptions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Research and resolve Federal Reserve Check and ACH adjustments. This includes posting all clearing entries according to governing regulations and time frames daily.
- Teller and Proof of Deposit adjustments.
- Research and resolve various Exceptions including: Non-posted items, Stop Payments, NSF, etc.
- Prepare and post customer Deposited returned items/Charge Back items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional/Educational Experience: Minimum of 2 years related Banking / Operations / Item Processing experience or training. Strong knowledge of bank operations policies and procedures.
Apply for this position online at Bank of Marin – Careers
The Presidio Trust is seeking an Accounting Technician to work at the Presidio.
Our ideal candidate is an Accounts Payable professional with demonstrated success in handling different types of invoices including construction, architectural, engineering, general consulting, and other federal, state and city agencies. You are a team player capable of independently prioritizing the workload to ensure deadlines and schedules are met, and completing work with accuracy. You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and are an excellent communicator, constructively working with the Contracting/Procurement and Operations Departments.
For more information, see the ad at Craigslist
Guide Dogs for the Blind, located in beautiful Marin County, California, has a rare opportunity for a full time Development Associate. If you are someone who thrives in a mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented environment, this could be the position for you!
The Development Associate performs data entry/analysis, development of forms, report management, and compilation of data files and systems to maximize their usefulness for a fundraising program currently consisting of 65,000 active donors.
- Receives, post, acknowledge donations/event registrations and reconcile data entry activity against accounting records.
- Manages all Electronic Funds Transfers for scheduled gift postings.
- Perform Database Management functions including import/export, global data changes, NCOA (National Change of Address) and duplicate merging.
- Perform monthly system audits ensuring accuracy and integrity of gift data and donor information.
- Report development
- Maintain the Fundraising Database Procedures Manual
- Answers phones serving constituent needs/requests.
- Overtime and/or weekend work during periods of peak volume.
See the full job description and apply for this position at Guide Dogs for the Blind
Buckelew Programs is seeking a dynamic, experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to serve as an integral member of the Administration and Finance Team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for carrying out accounting and paperwork tasks related to the compilation, maintenance and processing of company accounts payable transactions.
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments of all creditors and vendors are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
This position will be fast-paced, require multi-tasking and good documentation, and the ability to adapt to change.
Read the complete job description and apply for this position online at Craigslist
The County of Marin Department of Finance has announced an open recruitment period for the position of Accounting Assistant:
Under the direction of a Division Chief, the Accounting Assistant performs in a myriad of fiscal areas: accounting, revenue billing and collection, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, public administration, payroll, statistical and other financial, fiscal and/or budgetary office support in a centralized or departmental setting.
This entry level accounting/financial support position also processes, records, reviews and reconciles a variety of financial transactions and prepares forms and documentations necessary to support the activities of the Division.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate is organized, dependable, flexible, accurate and able to work both independently and with a professional team. The ideal candidate would be an excellent written and verbal communicator. The ideal candidate would direct experience in customer service and would be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public and other departmental personnel. Additionally, the ideal candidate would have the ability to clearly articulate and document appropriate accounting procedures and would have experience in governmental accounting practices or similarly regulated environment in the private sector. The ideal candidate has experience working with financial accounting, banking, customer account maintenance and statistical reporting systems.
Read the complete job description and apply online at County of Marin – Department of Human Resources
The Disability Programs & Resource Center at San Francisco State University is currently seeking an Administrative Analyst. The official title is Payroll & Procurement Coordinator.
Under general supervision of the Disability Programs & Resource Center (DPRC) Director, the Payroll & Procurement Coordinator (AA/S I, Exempt) leads all departmental payroll and payroll orientation functions; independently coordinates departmental procurement functions for office supplies, employee accommodations and non-IT purchase order initiation/management; facilitates parking accommodation requests; and serves in a back-up capacity to the Office Support Coordinator and the accessible campus transportation program.
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
See the full job description and required qualifications at San Francisco State University – Careers
The City of Mill Valley is currently seeking a Senior Account Clerk.
The Senior Account Clerk reports to the Director of Finance and Human Resources and performs a variety of accounting support functions such as: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, employee benefits, account reconciliation, and related work as assigned. This position offers an excellent entry point to municipal finance.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. The ideal candidate, however, will have three to four years of accounting or related experience and have knowledge of governmental accounting. Particular training or experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable is preferred.
Read the complete job description and requirements at City of Mill Valley
The California Academy of Sciences is seeking a Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for employees in California and across a variety of business units. The administrator is also responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related payroll services including record keeping and reporting. The ideal candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, and be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with various departments. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Process bi-weekly payroll in ADP for ~500 employees including salaried and hourly employees and reviews and reconciles payroll audit reports and resolve all discrepancies.
- Perform data entry review for time and attendance and process historical edits as needed.
- Administer garnishments and wage withholding orders and coordinates with corresponding agencies to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
See the complete job description and apply online at LinkedIn
The UCSF Controller’s Office is seeking a Financial Service Analyst.
The Financial Service Analyst is responsible for Accounts Payable quality assurance.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in a related field and one year of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Up to one year’s experience in Accounts Payable, in an organization of comparable size and complexity
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Accounts Payable best practices and processes
• Ability to accurately work with numbers and a great amount of detail
• Skill in analyzing information or procedures, defining problem or objective, formulating logical and objective conclusions, and recognizing alternatives and their implications
See the complete job description and requirements at CAL JOBS
We are Upper Crust Bakery and we are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager.
We are a wholesale bakery located in San Rafael specializing in delicious baked pies. Our customers include grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes all over the Bay Area.
We are looking for someone to join our team full time M-F. The ideal candidate is well organized, enjoys talking to customers and building business relationships, and is able to take ownership of our front office.
- Contact accounts for pie orders
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Resolve customer issues. We are extremely pro-customer service.
- Be our #1 phone representative and phone contact for ALL accounts
- Manage our front office including everything from maintaining our cloud drive to ordering office supplies
- Enter, double check, and own all pie orders.
- Oversee our Customer Appreciation Program, Fundraising Program, and Demo Program.
- Must have good phone! You will be reaching out to our accounts for orders so we are looking for someone who is very energetic. Someone who isn’t going to give up when they are put on hold for 20min (this will happen!). You’ll be calling busy people making sure we get their order, so being courteous and polite is extremely important. You are selling pies! It’s fun.
- Very detail oriented, and willing to take on tasks with little supervision.
- Our busiest time is Thanksgiving and Christmas. You must be available on the weeks leading up to both of these Holidays. We are closed on the actual Holidays, but the weeks before will be extremely busy.
- Be very familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, PDFs, Outlook etc. Quickbooks is a huge plus!
- Fast typer.
- 1-2 years experience in customer service role or office admin. Grocery store experience a HUGE plus.
Apply online at Craigslist
The Marin County Office of Education is seeking an Administrative Assistant in there San Rafael offices.
Performs complex clerical and accounting functions; maintains accurate records of Federal, State and local funds; prepares financial statements, statistical and management reports; reconciles cash and other general ledger accounts; provides support and assistance to the accountants and performs special projects as may be assigned.
Education: High School or equivalent with additional course work in bookkeeping and accounting.
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting or auditing, preferably including experience in a county or school district office in a computerized accounting environment.
Knowledge of: Basic principles of accounting and bookkeeping rules, regulations, policies; State and Federal laws as they pertain to the school accounting requirements; office practices and procedures, computerized accounting functions and systems, State guidelines and account codes.
See the complete job description and apply online at EdJoin
The City and County of San Francisco is currently recruiting for the position of Junior Administrative Analyst in the Mayor’s Office.
Junior Administrative Analyst is the entry-level class of the series performing professional level work in analyzing, researching and reporting functions related to department operations
- Conducts field surveys and carries out routine research in connection with budget, legislative or management studies and/or performs analysis of actual expenditures compared to the budget or public policy issues.
- Assists in conducting difficult and complex analysis, procedural, organizational and operational investigations, surveys and/or research relating to department/agency operations.
- Provides routine information to departmental personnel on the preparation of budget and policy documents, reports, and/or program implementation.
- Assists in preparing reports and/or proposals
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND one (1) year of professional experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration;
2. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, public or business administration, economics, urban studies, public policy or a related field.
SUBSTITUTION: May substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration.
See the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
The S.F. – Marin Food Bank is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst in their San Francisco office.
The Food Bank utilizes Ceres, a customized deployment of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, to provide ERP functionality to the organization. The system provides vital functions for financial management, food resources and program operations. The Business Systems Analyst, BSA, will work closely with internal system users to ensure the system effectively supports them and their business needs. The BSA will provide support and training with a high level of customer service. BSA also will develop documentation, reports, assist with upgrades and help ensure the system continues to meet the Food Banks growing demand. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical skills and food/inventory business knowledge.
Dynamics NAV / Ceres / ERP Support
- Provide first level support for the NAV based Ceres ERP system, delivered with positive customer service experience.
- Coordinate escalation and resolution of high-level technical issues to third-party support vendor, assisting with execution where necessary.
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding Ceres programmatic function and its relationship to business needs.
- Work with internal clients to assess systems ability to serve long-term needs and adapt to meet future demands.
- Solicit and manage user requests for system improvement, and assess their feasibility.
See the complete job description and apply online at Localwise
UCSF currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst at their Parnassus campus.
The Finance Analyst (FA) provides post-award grants administration, accounting and purchasing support. These services include a variety of post-award financial reports, payroll reconciliation and post-award grants administration. The FA carries out specific fiscal and grant management functions, budget administration, financial management and reports to the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Thorough knowledge of external guidelines and procedures
- Complete understanding of numerous Private proposal guidelines and award policies to follow the compliance
- Thorough knowledge of all University policies and procedures including Contracts and Grants, General Accounting, Extramural Fund, Accounts Payable, Travel, Payroll, Stipend and Purchasing to follow internal policies
- Experience with projecting expenses and preparing grant budget status reports and portfolio projections
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles
- Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports
See the complete job description at CalJOBS
The Marin County Human Resources Department and the Department of Cultural Services are announcing a recruitment for the position of Accounting Assistant.
The Accounting Assistant performs in a myriad of fiscal areas; accounting, treasury, revenue billing and collection, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, statistical and other financial, fiscal and/or budgetary office support in a centralized or departmental setting. This entry level accounting/financial support position also processes, records, reviews and reconciles a variety of financial transactions and prepares forms and documentations necessary to support the activities of the Division.
Two years of experience in preparing, processing, and maintaining accounting documents and records. Education or professional training that is directly related to the knowledge and skills requirements may substitute for up to one year of the experience requirement.
Apply for this job at County of Marin – Human Resources Department
Sunny Hills Services, non-profit organization serving vulnerable youth and their families, is seeking a Development Associate to work in their San Rafael offices.
The Development Associate supports the Director of Development & Communications in managing all aspects of the fundraising program at Sunny Hills Services including development planning, implementation of fundraising campaigns, gift tracking and acknowledgement, donor data analysis, donor and volunteer relations, marketing and communications and production of special events.
- Assist in preparation and oversight of the annual fundraising strategy and plan, including individual and institutional giving through all channels (e.g., direct mail, online giving, special events, email marketing, social media, major donor programs and planned giving. Assist in coordination of responsibilities among the development staff, the CEO, Board Development Committee and other staff and volunteers, as appropriate. This includes administrative support for meetings, grants management and other activities of the department staff as assigned by the DDC.
- Assist in implementation of the marketing and communications plan by maintaining content for the SHS website. Implement email marketing communications or social media campaigns for fundraising, special events and stewardship activities in conjunction with DDC, Communications Manager or Community Engagement Officers for North Bay and East Bay.
- Assist with coordination of all direct mail, including appeals, event-related materials, and newsletters. Interface with vendors/contractors including graphic designers, printers and fulfillment houses.
- Assist with oversight of the development-related special events, including fundraising and stewardship events. Serve as a liaison to the volunteer organizations supporting Sunny Hills Services, and provide support for volunteer-led fundraising events. Facilitate volunteer communications as necessary.
See the complete job description, and apply online at Indeed
San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium is seeking to fill the position of Program Associate.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Finance and Information, the Program Associate is responsible for providing a wide range of fundraising, administrative activities and donor data coordination, including data tracking, entry and reporting; and donor data maintenance.
- Assists with preparation, updating and processing of documents, e.g., correspondence, grant applications, policies and procedures, reports, data program forms, templates, and communications materials such as blog postings, newsletter articles, and website content.
- Conduct online searches and other research to identify potential funders for SFCCC’s programs – e.g. the Foundation Center website, the Grantsmanship Center website, the websites of specific corporations, and the websites for individuals who are donor prospects.
See the complete job description and apply online at Localwise Jobs
College of Marin is accepting applications for the position of Accountant at the Indian Valley Campus in Novato, Ca.
The job of Accountant is done for the purpose of maintaining financial operations; ensuring revenues and expenses are within budget limits and overall fiscal policies and/or practices meet compliance requirements; maintaining accurate account balances; evaluating feasibility of services within budget parameters; supervising department employees; and ensuring efficient use of financial resources
See the full job description and apply online at GovernmentJobs.com
Hertz is currently seeking a career minded, customer driven and growth oriented individual to join a corporate sales team as an outside Sales Representative.
The Account Manager play a crucial role in assisting Hertz achieve strategic growth initiatives by increasing revenue through new account development and by expanding business with existing accounts.
- Participate in B2B sales activities that result in increased market share and revenue growth.
- Partner with existing accounts to maintain our relationships, provide continual support of their rental needs and communicate new/existing products, services and programs.
- Collaborate with internal departments to develop and carry out sales initiatives to increase local rental volume.
- Strategize internally by communicating opportunities, challenges and market trends affecting assigned accounts.
- Report on activity and provide documentation relevant to account administration.
See the full job description and apply online at CAL JOBS
PG&E is currently accepting applications for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk in San Francisco.
Accounts Payable is responsible for paying our external vendors and employee vendors for goods, services or expenses incurred while on company business. Records Management is part of Accounts Payable and it is responsible for the retention, storage and destruction of accounting documents.
This is a clerical position that is mainly in a warehouse environment, there is lifting requirements of up to 50lbs, it requires ladder climbing, lifting, bending, stooping, extensive filing into boxes, moving boxes from Accounts Payable to the storage area and to the loading dock. It also performs clerical duties to support Accounts Payable as necessary.
See the full job description and apply online at CAL JOBS
Wells Fargo bank is currently hiring tellers for a branch located in the Financial District of San Francisco.
- 1+ year of experience interacting with people or customer
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with customers and team members
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Experience achieving individual and team goals
- Cash handling experience
- Experience selling products and services
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Other Desired Qualifications
• Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
Apply online at Employment at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo Bank is currently hiring for teller and personal banker positions for branches in San Francisco and the Peninsula. Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
See the full job descriptions and apply online by clicking the links below
Wells Fargo – Teller
Wells Fargo – Personal Baker 1
Account Clerk II at Marin Municipal Water District
There is one, full-time position for Account Clerk II in the Finance Division.
Under direct or general supervision, prepares, processes and maintains routine financial and accounting records and reports using an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) accounting system; and does related work as required.
The Account Clerk II is the journey level in this class series, able to perform a full range of account clerk duties in an accounting office setting. Established accounting, bookkeeping, and clerical procedures and policies are followed, although incumbents must select the appropriate application, and supervision is available in difficult or non-standard situations.
See the full job description and requirements at CAL OPPS
VMware is seeking an accounting intern to join their team in Palo Alto.
As a member of the Accounting/Finance Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help lead key projects within the Record to Report functions\. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with key stakeholders throughout the finance organization\.
Areas of Focus:
• Assist with the execution of on\-going strategic projects and initiatives within the global accounting operations organization
• Assist with the testing and coordination of payroll process and system implementations
• Strong integrity and ethics
• Other ad\-hoc projects as necessary
At the conclusion of the internship, the interns will prepare a presentation outlining their internship experience to the accounting operations team.
See the full job description and apply online at VOC Central
Google is seeking to hire an Account Management Sales Lead
The global Account Management business is growing rapidly, and as the Senior Sales Coordinator for our team, you will maximize how we drive adoption and renewal at scale, lead execution on programs and develop recommendations through data. You will manage focused pilots to test hypotheses, analyze results and determine where and how to scale our outreach and impact.
To excel in this role you are a skilled general athlete: a project leader, process enthusiast, analyst, consultant, partner, salesperson and passionate product advocate. You are a master with numbers and skilled in making data-driven decisions. Most importantly, you are a strategic thinker and an attentive executer, shaping the future of the business by designing how to scale our outreach.
- Define outreach for employee segment through data analysis and propensity modeling, designing automated nurture programs, touch optimization and outreach patterns.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners from Product Adoption, Customer Success, Partner and Marketing teams; lead cross functional initiatives.
- Drive campaigns end-to-end for multiple products in the Google for Work ecosystem.
- Design and execute experiments; analyze and present results to offer strategic recommendations to senior stakeholders.
See the full job description and apply online at Google Careers