Dignity Health currently has an opening for a Per Diem Office Assistant at St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
Responsible for the day-to-day office operations of patient greeting and registration, telephone and fax communications, scheduling of appointments, obtaining referrals, the set-up and maintenance of patient files for multiple physicians who share a single office space. Position includes heavy phone usage, numerical filing, insurance verification, frequent data entry and customer service.
Apply for this position online at Dignity Health Careers – Per Diem Office Assistant
Sutter Health is currently accepting applications for the position of Information Desk Receptionist at a San Francisco facility.
The Information Desk Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors to the hospital, providing information about locations of patients and areas throughout the hospital. Acts as liaison between surgery staff and waiting families.
High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred. Minimum one year of working with the public. Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with the public in a courteous, friendly, and helpful manner. Must be computer literate, or have the ability to learn to use computers.
Apply for this position online at Sutter Health
Sutter Health – California Pacific Medical Center is currently accepting applications for the position of Food Service Aide in San Francisco.
Performs a wide variety of physical & manual tasks related to the preparation and serving of food as well as clean up of any and all tools and work areas. Performs all food service-related tasks demonstrating a service orientation to fellow employees, clients, staff and customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of basic food service principles required
- Knowledge of institutional equipment safety and hygiene practices required
- Previous food service experience required
- Previous food service experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
- Must have customer service experience
- Experience using a cash register strongly preferred
- Must have ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and push/pull carts over distances
- Candidate will be required to pass a criminal and educational background check as well as a pre-employment physical which includes a drug screening
Apply online at Sutter Health – Employment
Kaiser Permanente is seeking a Cashier – Receptionist for their Richmond facility.
The cashier/receptionist is a member of the health care dept team who functions under the direction guidance & supervision of the dept mgr, assistant mgr, or designee. The position greets & checks in all patients reporting to the medical office in a professional & courteous manner. This position is responsible for accurate check-in, check-out where applicable, info capture & revenue collection per procedures. Responsible for having a general knowledge of the medical center in order to assist patients w/ questions & concerns. Requires extensive use of the computer.
- Follow approp patient registration/check-in policies & procedures
- Verify and/or update all demographic info
- Working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example (but not limited to) traditional, deductible, etc
- Check in patients by following check-in policies & procedures & using the check-in systems or manual visit records when the systems are down
- Determine patient’s membership/benefits according to the benefit display
Read the complete job description and apply online through LinkedIn
The California Health Care Foundation is currently accepting applications for an Editorial Assistant.
The California Health Care Foundation (CHCF) is dedicated to advancing meaningful, measurable improvements in the way the health care delivery system provides care to the people of California, particularly those with low incomes and those whose needs are not well served by the status quo. We work to ensure that people have access to the care they need, when they need it, at a price they can afford
The editorial assistant (EA) is part of a team that supports and promotes the goals of the foundation through the development and dissemination of editorial content. The EA reports to the engagement officer and helps maintain our editorial standards in a wide variety of products, including reports, issue briefs, chart books, data visualizations, and online content across a suite of web properties. The EA will be engaged in all aspects of editorial work, from assisting in the development of projects to copyediting, proofreading, and project management. The EA will also act as a project management liaison with external consultants who write, edit, and design and produce CHCF’s publications.
- Production management of CHCF publications
- Editorial assistance with CHCF communications products and campaigns
- Editorial assistance with website updates and maintenance
- Assistance in setting and maintaining a high standard of quality for CHCF’s publications and products
- Updating and maintaining CHCF’s style guide and author guidelines
View the complete job description and apply online at LinkedIn
The United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs is seeking a Supply Technician at the San Francisco Medical Center.
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics. Provides wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instruments sets, and equipment.
Assignments include but are not limited to: scanning, barcoding, receiving, storing, and the distribution of medical and surgical supplies, instruments, and other material. The work requires knowledge of applicable policies and procedures as well as inventory systems such as the generic inventory package (GIP), bar-coding, aseptic procedures and Logistics processes. Work is performed on established shifts, which may involve evening, overnight, or weekend.
Read the complete job description and apply for this position online at VA Careers
Opportunity for Independence in San Rafael is currently seeking to hire Skills Instructors and Life Coaches.
OFI is looking for high energy, direct support staff to work in our Supported Living Services Program and Day Programs, serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. SLS Skills Instructors work one-to-one in independent living environments and in the community, providing assistance with shopping, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, recreational and social activities. Day Program job coaches work one-to-three, supporting individuals with pre-vocational, educational, daily living skills training and social and recreational activities, on site and in the community.
Full time SLS instructor and day program job coaching positions available. Supported Living schedules are flexible and varied. Services are provided 7 days per week at all times of the day. Day Program schedules are Monday through Friday from 8.30am – 3.15pm.
View the complete job description and apply via Craigslist
The San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team is currently seeking an experienced outreach specialist.
The San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team (SFHOT) works collaboratively in small teams to engage and stabilize chronically homeless individuals and to help establish care for chronic conditions and find permanent housing.
The Specialist II is a member of a multidisciplinary team which may include a Specialist I, Social Worker, Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Physician, Psychiatrist, Housing and Financial Administrators, Vocational and Recreation Counselors.
The Specialist II is a member of a team of Engagement and/or Care Management who works collaboratively to engage, stabilize and house vulnerable and chronically homeless individuals. The Specialist II may be responsible for locating, evaluating, engaging, counseling, transporting and referring individuals to appropriate services.
The Specialist II differs from a Specialist I by demonstrating a higher level of engagement and support skills, more knowledge of resources and linkages, greater ability to manage complex care needs, more experience meeting documentation requirements and ability to interface directly with Leaders in the City and community. Specialist II assignments require ability and willingness to work in either Engagement or Care Management. SFHOT operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Work schedules are on shifts set by Management.
See the complete job description and apply online at Public Health Foundation Enterprises
Interested in non-medical positions at California Pacific Medial Centers?
Attend CPMC Interview Bootcamp on April 11, 2017 at Success Center SF at 1449 Webster Street, San Francisco, CA 94115 at 1:00PM
Hosted by OEWD,
This event will focus on current openings, organizational culture, and application process for CPMC.
Non-Clinical Job Titles may include: Security Officers, Cooks, Food Service Aides, and Housekeeping Aides. High School Diploma/GED & driver’s license required for many positions.
Clinical Job Titles may include: Patient Access Representatives, Medical Assistants, Specimen Handling Aides and Nursing Unit Coordinators
Snapshot of what will be covered
- Process for Applying to CPMC
- Job Requirements
- Samples of Winning Resumes
- Lean how to have an amazing interview presentation
- Leave with confirmed interview that day
Be sure to bring resumes and dress to impress!
For further information or to confirm attendance please call Samantha @ 415-549-7000 or email email@example.com
The San Francisco Department of Public Health is currently hiring for the position of Health Care Interpreter Trainee.
The Health Care Interpreter Trainee position provides the opportunity for the individual to gain work experience in an acute care hospital. Work is performed under close supervision and is evaluated on the basis of progress in a structured work experience training program. The Interpreter Trainee will be trained to perform interpreting and dispatching job functions.
- Trains with lead Interpreter to provide services in person, and remotely (telephonic & VMI) to health care providers and non-English and limited English proficient clients and their families in various venues within Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital;
- Serves as a liaison between non-English and limited English proficient patients and healthcare providers;
- Works side by side with health educator to provide health education classes to the targeted non-English speaking patients;
- Translates correspondence, medical histories, medical procedures and instructions, medical consent forms, patient education brochures and other documents as necessary;
- Serves as office dispatcher and dispatching interpreters to the appropriate departments by using all available resources;
- Performs clerical duties such as keeping records, answering the telephone and arranging client appointments; Performs computer data entry.
Apply for this position online at CalJOBS
Sutter Health is currently hiring for the position of Patient Services Representative in Oakland.
This position is responsible for greeting patients and completing the Check-in/Check-out process. Depending on location, position may be responsible for appointment scheduling and message taking, managing the patients’ medical records including pulling and replacing files and filing reports.
This position, depending on the location, may create cases for Workers’ Compensation, maintain statistics for the department and physicians in the department, create new patient accounts, communicate work status, as well as complete department mailings and reports. Balancing the cash drawer at the end of the day and providing Kiosk reports is part of the position.
High school graduate or GED required.
1-2 years experience in an office environment required. Candidate must have previous experience working with computers working in an office setting. Previous experience handling money and the ability to make correct change is required for this position.
Knowledge of PC application such as Microsoft Office is essential for this position, experience with medical software preferred. An understanding of basic anatomy and medical terminology is helpful but not required. An understanding of health insurance
Apply for this position online at Sutter Health – Careers
Kaiser is seeking a Bilingual English/Spanish Enrollment Specialist in their Novato offices.
The Enrollment Specialist is accountable for creating sales opportunities through targeted enrollment activities to increase membership and build support for KP. Establish and maintain customer relationships to optimize potential for growth. Identify, create and execute on an engagement plan in collaboration with Account Manager. Establish and maintain internal communication links to ensure timely and accurate onboarding of prospective members.
Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) is currently searching for an individual with a mental health and /or business background and excellent communication skills and a passion for community-based service for the position of Employment Consultant for the RAMS Hire-Ability Vocational Services Program.
Your role: Under the supervision of the Employment Services Coordinator, the Employment Consultant creates job opportunities by promoting Hire-Ability services to potential employers, collaborates on employer engagement activities, and provides client assessments, job placement, retention and job coaching support as needed.
Read the complete job description and apply online at RAMS Inc. – Employment
Sutter Health is currently hiring for the position of Linen Assistant at Mills Peninsula Health Services in Burlingame.
Day-to-day responsibilities include: Receiving clean linen. Stocking linen exchange carts and par level storage areas. Using forms and portable data collection devices to monitor and control linen usage. Preparing soiled linen for retrieval by the contract linen company. Driving 28 ft. straight truck to deliver linen to Mills Healtth Center and Mills-Peninsula Extended Care facilities. Position involves pushing and handling carts weightin upt o 150 lbs; handling of soiled linen and occasional exposure to gross contaminants.
High school diploma or equivalency. Valid California Drivers License with clean driving record required. Ability to lift 50 lbs; push/pull carts weighing up to 150 lbs.; and stand/walk for extended periods of time. Basic math ability; strong customer service skills. Data entry/PC skills and inventory experience strongly preferred. Experience as a linen assistant desired.
Apply for this position online at Sutter Health Careers
UCSF Hospitality Services is currently hiring Patient Support Assistants to perform custodial duties at the Parnassus campus.
The Hospitality Services Department provides housekeeping services, floor care, carpet care, specialized cleaning projects, recycling, solid waste removal, and biohazardous waste removal
- Following Infection Control Policies, the employee maintains a clean, sanitary, safe, and esthetically pleasing environment for patients, staff, and visitors
- Cleans occupied patient rooms, and rooms between patients (discharges) following department procedures
- Cleans other assigned areas within the Patient Care Units
- Disposes of waste (trash, bio hazardous waste, recycling) and soiled linen following departmental procedures
- Uses approved cleaning chemicals to maintain the cleanliness of assigned areas
See the complete job description and apply online at UCSF Careers
The UCSF Spine Center is seeking a File Clerk to work in there offices located at the Parnassus campus.
The File Clerk is primarily responsible for the maintenance and flow of medical records in the practice. S/he provides routine clerical and administrative support.
The File Clerk participates in the maintenance of all practice operations and communications. S/he adheres to the UCSF House and Telephone Standards and is sensitive to the needs of patients, staff and providers.
The File Clerk is a team player who works closely with others and who is flexible in dealing with the changing priorities of a busy primary care practice.
- Minimum six months of relevant work experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Computer and keyboard familiarity
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Apply online at UCSF Careers
Sutter Health currently has openings for Client Services Representatives at California Pacific Medical Center locations in San Francisco.
The Client Services Representative will provide customer service support to all clinical laboratory and pathology service clients. This includes (but is not limited to): manning the call center, visitor reception, clinical lab report generation and distribution, and clerical support.
Qualifications / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.Previous experience in a medical setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and transcription is also preferred.
- Computer proficiency is necessary in addition to excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision in a high volume setting.
Apply online at Sutter Health
Seneca Family of Agencies is a non profit mental health agency that supports children and families in an array of mental health, education and permanency programs. Seneca serves over 10,000 children and families each year throughout the West Coast.
The Program Assistant/Health Information Specialist maintains client files and is responsible for submitting the mental health billing for all clients within their assigned program. This position compiles, updates, and organizes all documentation for the clients within their program, in collaboration with clinicians and counselors. This is an administrative role that requires a high level of analytical, computer, and communication skills.
- Create and maintain client records for assigned program(s) according to HIPAA, CCL, and Seneca regulations.
- Monitor and track required Medicaid documentation, ensuring accurate completion according to established programmatic, county, and state guidelines.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility on a monthly basis and as needed through the state and county systems.
- Conduct Quality Assurance review of all administrative, clinical, and medical documentation to ensure proper and timely completion of documents.
See the complete job description and apply online through Craigslist
Guide Dogs for the Blind is seeking Canine Welfare / Training Technicians to work at their San Rafael facility.
A Canine Welfare/Training Technician I provides physical and psychological care to dogs that are being kenneled at our facilities. This entails feeding, bathing and medicating dogs; maintaining a clean kennel environment; occasional data entry; and reception duties related to arrival and release of dogs. This position requires solid teamwork and excellent communications skills.
- Provide basic as well as specialized care of kenneled dogs, including kennel enrichment, performing physicals on newly arrived dogs, feeding, walking, exercising, transporting, weighing, grooming, bathing and preparing and dispensing dog food, including special diets. Keep precise feeding records
- Interact with the public and volunteers; assist with the intake and release of dogs.
- Adhere to our organization’s safety policies and procedures, and encourages others to do the same. Promptly report incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Conduct campus tours and provide general assistance on graduations. Represent GDB at special functions
- Undertake driving duties, which may include student pick up and/or drop off and other miscellaneous assignments, which includes dog transport to and from airports, outside veterinary clinics and other as needed. These duties may at times require driving large vehicles such as the class bus.
- Prior experience caring for dogs in a kennel or vet environment, or other animal care or training positions in a professional capacity is preferred.
- Able to work weekends, evenings, holidays and spend nights in the dormitory.
- Good interpersonal skills and a pleasant manner dealing with other staff, clients and the public.
- Must safely handle a variety of large breed dogs, weighing up to 90 pounds, with varying strength and manageability. Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds.
See the complete job description and apply online at Guide Dogs for the Blind – Careers
Villa Marin, a nonprofit, senior citizen community in San Rafael is seeking a timekeeping / data entry clerk to support the Health Services Department and Food Service Department.
Provides support in key functions of scheduling, staffing and payroll data entry so as to assist in production of the Agency payroll, as it applies to the staff in the Health Center and Food Service Departments.
Responsible for all the forms, reports and computer data entry to generate and complete the daily 3.2 Health Center report as per requirement of the California Department of Public Health.
Handles general secretarial duties for the Health Center including but not limited to the completing required forms, rosters and resident logs; preparing agendas/handouts and the minutes for Quality Assurance Meetings; maintaining logs of required nurse’s aide and licensed nurse inservices; creating forms, logs, and charts to meet nursing and administrative needs.
See the job complete job description and apply online through Craigslist
The Berkeley Therapy Institute is looking for a part-time (20 to 24 hours per week) administrative assistant.
The work environment is very friendly and fast-paced.
- Answering busy phones, making appointments and facilitating prescription refill requests
- Handling new patient inquiries
- Some data entry and support of health insurance and patient billing inquires
- General administrative duties including patient chart filing and management
Summary of Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in customer service and/or medical office is a must
- Proficient with Microsoft platforms and internet-based programs
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Friendly, professional and responsible
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and comprehensively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent references
Apply online at Localwise
Marin Community Clinics is currently accepting applications for the position of Patient Account Representative at their Novato offices. The Patient Account Representative is responsible for knowing all pieces of the billing cycle and entering charges into our practice management system, NextGen. This position is responsible for the proper and timely entry of billings.
- Provides excellent customer service when answering questions and finding resolutions to billing issues.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines and confidentially maintains patient’s information at all times.
- Answers billing questions and acts as a resource for billing department.
- Works closely with the clinics front and back office personnel to pro-actively resolve and prevent billing errors.
See the complete job description and apply online at Marin Community Clinics
North East Medical Services, a non-profit community health center serving the medically-underserved populations of the Bay Area, is seeking an Outreach Assistant in San Francisco.
The Outreach Clerk’s primary job responsibilities will include maintaining awareness of and building relationships with community partners and patient resources across the San Francisco Bay Area, particularly in or near neighborhoods where NEMS clinics are located. This person will develop and implement various outreach activities to NEMS’ current and future patient populations. Bilingual in Mandarin / Cantonese or Spanish is highly desirable.
Perform outreach efforts to assist with meeting the NEMS organizational clinical goals, which includes calling and speaking with patients over the phone or preparing patient mailings to deliver care reminders.
- Assist with other outreach activities to diverse patient populations to generate interest in NEMS services and programs.
- Make appointments for patients to see NEMS’ providers and for ancillary services using the NextGen electronic practice management system.
See the complete job description at CalJOBS
One Medical Group offices is looking for people who are crazy enough to make healthcare better. Our mission is to build a top-notch organization with awesome people, thoughtful processes and inventive technology. We help our patients navigate the intricate healthcare system by being their advocates, guides and detectives.
Our team is already tightly-knit and kind of quirky, and we’re looking to maintain this special culture. We want detail-oriented people with friendly, flexible personalities to handle everything from talking about the practice to future members to patient interactions on the phone or at the front desk.
- ENTIRELY customer-centric and the ULTIMATE host!
- Ability to empathize with diverse groups and make the BEST out of any situation
- Always positive, team-oriented attitude, consistent follow-through and openness to feedback
- Unadulterated enthusiasm for ONE MEDICAL GROUP
- A diplomatic and exceptionally clear communication style
- Critical thinking – you get nuance and can read between the lines
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs simultaneously and utilize simple and core functions (but you don’t need to be a programmer!)
- Strong attention to detail and a firm grasp of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
Apply online at One Medical Group – Careers
LifeLong’s Marin Adult Day Health Center supports adults with dementia, chronic medical conditions, physical impairments, and/or mental health diagnoses.
We currently have per diem and temporary positions available for Program Assistants, with potential for these positions to become full-time and benefitted. Program Assistants provide personal care for our participants, assist with activities, help in our kitchen, and make a huge impact on each and every participant we serve.
No experience required, although we look for individuals that have great compassion for older adults, the ability to perform physical labor and excellent teamwork skills.
Apply online at LifeLong Marin
At Hospice by the Bay our nonprofit mission is to provide patients and families with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual support during a difficult time.
We are currently seeking Home Health Aides to provide personal care services to terminally ill patients in our Marin location. The successful candidates will be required to work at least one day every weekend.
•Current certification to practice as a Home Health Aide in the State of California
•Hospice experience (Preferred)
Apply online at Hospice by the Bay
San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium is seeking to fill the position of Program Associate.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Finance and Information, the Program Associate is responsible for providing a wide range of fundraising, administrative activities and donor data coordination, including data tracking, entry and reporting; and donor data maintenance.
- Assists with preparation, updating and processing of documents, e.g., correspondence, grant applications, policies and procedures, reports, data program forms, templates, and communications materials such as blog postings, newsletter articles, and website content.
- Conduct online searches and other research to identify potential funders for SFCCC’s programs – e.g. the Foundation Center website, the Grantsmanship Center website, the websites of specific corporations, and the websites for individuals who are donor prospects.
See the complete job description and apply online at Localwise Jobs
The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services is seeking to fill a care giver / Direct Support Professional (DSP) position in Novato.
Based in community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
Apply online at The MENTOR Network
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a per diem Surgery Scheduler for our clinics in Novato and Sonoma .
The Surgery Scheduler maintains physician’s clinics and surgery schedules, provides direct assistance to physicians, and manages communication and correspondence directly with staff, patients, physicians and the Practice Manager. The Surgery Scheduler also maintains exceptional communication with local hospital and outpatient facilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Surgery Scheduling: Use electronic medical records to complete patient or Physician task requests
- Schedule surgery for multiple providers
- Communicate professionally with OR, assisting physicians, patients, and insurance companies
- Authorize surgeries, procedures, and medications
- Verify patient medical and pharmacy benefits
- Complete disability forms and related forms
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation
- Complete referrals accurately and appropriately
See the full job description and apply online at Indeed