This position requires some college or advanced vocational training plus six years of experience in general building maintenance /and/or/ construction
Role: Respond to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches.
Role: Concierge, Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Education and Experience required:
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
Job Roles: AT&T Park, Hospitality, Concession, non-skilled Construction etc. Short & Long term positions available in a variety of businesses.
Location: Goodwill Career Center, 99 Kissling St. San Francisco.
Bring ID & Social Security Card & apply online prior to attending or come to the Career Center for assistance:
Embassy Suites in Burlingame and South SF is hiring! They have multiple positions and schedules open. Pay ranges and some positions include tips! Spanish speakers encouraged.
Apply via links below.
Note: The application process involves creating an employment profile through the Hilton Hotels portal, and selecting the position you wish to apply for.
Live where you work: $12/hour with free housing and utilities provided
Role: Front Desk & Cleaning responsibilities
Info & Apply: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/npo/6570631305.html
The position is responsible for supervising the daily operations in all departments of the hotel.
Associate degree, preferably in hotel management or related field.
1-2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
Job #: 15926059 BELLPERSON
RITZ CARLTON HOTEL
Info & how to Apply: https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/vosnet/jobbanks/jobdetails.aspx?enc=9B8/uT7EfbEIDLIMZ8rho/bFqeqxRHlLivh3C648JWdDOKsIyXPx8JicwrJxKepOoyJICIqJK19atEjpIpfwPetA1/adxPnmb7JL6CLr1fv7w1NO2UQ1cJ4gS+d1gec/anbMqfMyspUF9ulyxbGvkKYA41M1PwlCbknl+CdYmuQ=
Requirements: High School, 3 years experience
View & Apply via CalJobs: https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/vosnet/jobbanks/jobdetails.aspx?enc=9B8/uT7EfbEIDLIMZ8rho/bFqeqxRHlLivh3C648JWex3cnetIytRoLL2gUhFdfUosRYGwWbOzp02QPUr9ctkP5pLhR0B1ULxswodwo8dKVgThHgprSGAaD2vh06sTylo4ZSm06FC+pOf6CVweBEK5Tva+JDpLT4VD5BLp4/gX8=
Requirements: Associate’s degree, 3 years experience
Apply via Caljobs: https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/vosnet/jobbanks/jobdetails.aspx?enc=9B8/uT7EfbEIDLIMZ8rho/bFqeqxRHlLivh3C648JWdNsFJbSZv7nlg5fxFjfGQD96bVKkd6isVbxxd9JjBiRYkXQH+CTWjxmMKKKjvdq1YKpOkHJohTs4kV9bG6qlgCX60A1991TaMD0RBN7JBjPZ+DxmIFL1awRgCg+4uHkK4=
Requirements: High School, 18 years old
Note: Create Caljobs profile in order to apply via link
Requirements: 4 years experience
Note: You will need to create a Cal Jobs profile to submit application
Requirement: 4 years experience
Note: Create a Cal Jobs profile in order to submit application
Job #: 15921937
Requirement: 2 years experience
Acrobat Outsourcing is a Hospitality Staffing Agency with short and long term positions available including: Cashier, Busser, Bartender, Food Prep, Food Server, Concession Stand, Front of the House, Back of the House and Dishwasher/Porter/Warehouse.
- Thursday, April 26, 2018; 11am – 1pm
- 99 Kissling Street, 3rd floor (SFGoodwill)
- Arrive early to complete CAP Center registration, if unregistered
- Bring a valid ID and Social Security Card
Enchanted Hills Camp & Retreat in Napa, CA, is looking for a professional and talented Dinner Cook, who will assist camp personnel in providing nutritious, tasty, and well-prepared meals to others. The variety of diners include campers, staff, guests and groups which vary in size and preferences.
Education or equivalent: High School degree or GED. Hold ServSafe/Food Services Manager certification or licensure for operating a kitchen in the camp’s jurisdiction.
Experience: Knowledge of and experience in food service: ordering, inventory, budgeting, food preparation, family-style serving, buffet serving, cleaning, and institutional kitchen equipment. Able to work within a budget; purchase and allocate supplies efficiently.
Experience: Knowledge of current health and safety laws and practices is essential. Knowledge of and experience in preparation of special dietary foods. Equipment used regularly includes: Mixers, ovens, dishwashers, fans, refrigeration systems, meat/cheese slicing machines, and general kitchen aids and tools. Supervisory experience very helpful.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to safely and properly use kitchen equipment.
- Ability to identify and respond to environment, and hazards of a camp environment and its facilities; also to camper and staff behavior.
- Ability to provide first aid and to assist campers and staff in the event of an emergency.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds regularly, with occasional lifting of greater weights, may be required.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing or walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Ability to safely and properly use kitchen equipment.
- Solid physical endurance sufficient for occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work with daily exposure to sun, heat, rain or inclement weather and other environmental conditions.
- Under the direction of the EHC Site Manager:
- Manage the dinner operations of the camp’s food and dining services, including coordinating activities between the kitchen and dining room;
- Oversee the planning and preparation of nutritionally-balanced meals;
- Ensure the service of meals through directing the work of other employees;
- Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of meals;
- Coordinate menu-planning for guests and user groups as directed.
- Under the direction of the EHC Site Manager:
- Maintain the inventory and order food, equipment, and supplies;
- Arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities;
- Provide supervision and administrative support to kitchen and dining room employees;
- Monitor employee performance and training; document as requested.
- Customer Service:
- Meet the public, and be supportive of, and sensitive to, the diversity of people, their cultures and special needs;
- Greet groups, maintain positive relationships with group leaders and group participants;
- Manage group issues that may arise, with a smile (complaints, menu changes, etc.);
- Lead food service personnel in maintaining a professional and courteous atmosphere.
- Dinner Cook will have a designated relationship with the Maintenance Department to assist in the proper and efficient operation of all kitchen appliances.
- On occasion, be on-call to respond to group needs as requested.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest; thanks for your understanding.
More info: http://lighthouse-sf.org/dinner-cook-2/
Job #: 15894885 DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL ACCOUNTS
RITZ CARLTON HOTEL
San Francisco, CA – 94108
The position serves as the primary sales person for a larger, more complex property. Responsible for proactively soliciting and handling large opportunities with significant revenue potential. Works to develop, build and maintain long-term, value-based customer relationships in order to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Depending on needs, may focus on all types of accounts, or can specialize and focus on specific segments (e.g., Corporate, Association, etc.). Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the accounts.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area. 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Targets group accounts, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business.
• Strives to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Identifies and develops new markets.
Developing & Executing Catering Sales Plans
• Develops and implements an effective sales plan.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves solicitation and prospecting goals.
• Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Maintains customer, account and opportunity data.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with Strategic Accounts, Convention Bureaus, and other property counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
• Participates in site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
Job Requirements: High School
Job #: 15890407
Location San Francisco-Clock Bar, San Francisco, California
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
The impact you’ll make
You are a bright mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Attend to tables
- Open and serve wine/champagne
- Prepare garnishes
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
What we’re looking for
- Great storytelling skills
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous bartending experience is a big plus.
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Greet and escort guests to rooms. Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services). Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area. Assist with luggage storage and retrieval. Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage. Supply guests with directions. Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog). Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Manages all event service, banquet and event technology operations and staff on a daily basis. Core area of responsibility is the event operation team, including the Senior Banquet Managers, Banquet Managers, Senior Event Service Managers, Event Service Managers, Event Technology and Operations Managers. Position ensures the highest level of service throughout the event phase. Maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling during the event phase and maximizes profit by effectively managing costs. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the Event Operations Department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Works with the management team to develop and implement the business plan and long term strategies for event operations.
• Establishes and monitors measurable goals for the department.
• Champions all standards, policies and procedures in the Event Operations departments.
• Oversees the execution of event logistics for all events.
• Oversees the administrative processes associated with the event phase of a function and the associated transitions between all event phases as they relate to the service delivery team.
• Ensures function space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Participates in MVP audits and level certification for all technicians.
• Ensures employees maintain required certification.
• Assists with implementation and execution of all event related corporate initiatives and promotions.
• Ensures department is working within budget and adjusts expenditures according to revenues.
• Maintains awareness of current trends in event management and integrates into the operation in a timely manner.
• Reviews effectiveness of event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Maintains customer satisfaction to insure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Leads execution of activities in Event Operations to support the Event Management strategy.
• Leads event management/operations meetings.
• Coordinates the Event Operations members of Event Delivery teams.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance to food handling and sanitation standards.
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.
Maintaining Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of Event Operations.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with guests/clients, vendors and competitors.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Attends pre-event meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to Event Operations Team.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures and Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.