Local, State and Federal Government agencies hire for diversity through selective recruitment programs. These are some programs for the recruitment and hiring of individuals with disabilities in City/County (ACE) , State (LEAP) and Federal (Schedule A) government departments.
Why work in government sector vs private sector?
- job security government employees experience greater stability on the job with greater protections and opportunities for advancement than in private sector
- diversity and inclusion government departments set the bar higher when it comes to inclusion. If you are looking for a workplace that values diverse abilities start here
- more vacation and holidays in the course of a career, federal, state and local government employees receive nearly 1.5 years more in paid vacation and holidays than the average private sector employee
- work-life balance government employees are given ample time and resources to properly recharge so as to better function in their jobs –often including options for flex and alternate scheduling, telework, family leave
- generous health benefits public sector agencies offer the widest selection of health care plans of any U.S. employer, and superior health benefits to retirees than in the private sector
- generous retirement benefits government employees have access to superior retirement plans tend to have the option to retire earlier than their private sector counterparts
- priority hiring programs for people with disabilities are available in Federal government, State of California and City of San Francisco government agencies