The Chinatown Public Health Center’s Nutrition Services is accepting applications for one (1) part-time position in class 9910 Public Service Trainee as a Performance Improvement Coordinator Trainee. The targeted client population includes monolingual Chinese speaking and low-income children and families.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the public service trainee will perform the following essential job functions:
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of several community programs;
- Promotes consumption of fruits and vegetables, physical activity and awareness of the CalFresh (Food Stamp) Program;
- Assists in conducting nutrition workshops at community agencies;
- Assists in developing and translating bilingual media and health education materials;
- Collaborates with community partners to promote the project goals and objectives;
Conducts media outreach;
- Promotes campaign messages at the Health Fair, Healthy Sunday and Food Bank.