Positive Resource Center is a community-based organization that assists people affected by or at risk for HIV/AIDS through culturally appropriate counseling, education and advocacy in making informed choices which maximize available benefits and employment opportunities. Our main programs include employment services and benefits counseling for people with HIV and/or mental health conditions. Our annual budget is $3.9 million, which consists primarily of numerous Federal, State, City, corporate and foundation grants.
Executive Assistant (Full-time, Non-Exempt)
This position is responsible for all aspects relating to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant also plays an integral role in the daily running of the office, which includes providing comprehensive administrative and clerical support and working on special projects, as needed.
Position Responsibilities include:
• Manage the dynamic, extremely busy calendar for the Executive Director, including coordination of meetings, conference calls, arranging travel, answering phones and greeting visitors, and crafting effective communications
• Highly responsible, pro-active and organized, capable of meeting deadlines, maintaining multiple timelines, and working well independently and with others.
• Manage and calendar appointments; schedule meetings including agendas; conference calls; composing and preparing correspondence that are sometimes confidential; developing presentation materials; arranging travel plans.
• Ability to work well with and serve as administrative liaison between Board of Directors and executive team members.
• Organize and coordinate events for Board of Directors and executive team members.
• Researches, prioritizes, maintains multiple timelines and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the ED, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Draft letters, correspondence, among other tasks that facilitate the ED’s ability to effectively lead the Agency.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Or a certification from the Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP).
• At least two years of experience supporting an Executive Director/CEO or equivalent position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Able to multi-task and shift priorities quickly.
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Excellent written, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Experience and comfort in diverse communities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs, Apps and Social Media web platforms.
• Experience and knowledge of basic office equipment, such as but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, fax, phones, mail system and copiers.
• The position requires standing, sitting, talking, walking, reaching, twisting, turning and also requires bending, grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard and other related office equipment. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading reports and work related documents using a computer. The need to lift, sort and arrange records/files, paper, and documents weighing up to 15 pounds. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation. May be required to travel for periodic trainings or PRC business related activities.
Salary and Benefits:
40 hours per week. Highly competitive salary (DOE) plus medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance and employer matching contributions to 403(b) retirement.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with job code “CLEA1116” in the subject line to: Positive Resource Center, Attn: Human Resources, 785 Market Street, 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103; fax: 415-777-1770.
People living with HIV/AIDS or other disabilities, people of color and people who are bilingual/bicultural are strongly encouraged to apply.