GGRC has an immediate opening for a full-time Office Assistant in our busy San Francisco office for the Intake and Assessment unit to provide general administrative support to multiple departments within the Agency. Prepare and scan records of those supported, operating scanning equipment, and assuring quality control of electronic files. Must have access to reliable transportation to fill in as needed at other offices. May act as a team to provide back-up to busy front desk. Assignment is expected to last 3-4 months.
Collect, collate and organize medical, school and other records of individuals who are being evaluated for determination of eligibility. Receive, organize, prepare and prioritize documents of potential individuals interested in receiving services from the Agency for scanning to electronic imaging system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of college education required, including coursework in Social Work or related subjects preferred
- 2+ years experience in office setting involving production typing, processing of documents, and a variety of general clerical duties
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred, to converse with callers including thorough knowledge of colloquial and relevant technical/functional terminology and ability to be speak and understand relevant spoken/written dialects in Spanish, as appropriate.
See the full job description and requirements at GGRC Office Assistant
Tesla Motors is seeking Customer Experience Specialists for their San Francisco Showroom.
As a Customer Experience Specialist I, you will support customers from the moment they walk into our showrooms to learn about Tesla.
- Engage walk in guests promptly, personally and with the goal of opening the conversation and ensuring they feel welcome
- Understand who our guests are, what brought them to Tesla, their intent and timeline to purchase, thus creating a robust Customer Profile
- Educate and excite guests by answering their questions and providing a tailored experience based upon their interests and agenda
- Help Tesla maintain a healthy sales pipeline by collecting customer contact information and scheduling Test Drives for individuals who exhibit purchase intent or potential
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all current and future owners
- Customer service experience required
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate about the changes in the personal transportation industry
- Ability to understand and convey business issues and technical concepts
- Strong sense of team mentality and reliability
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a mastery of all Tesla products and services. Keep up with EV industry trends and local incentives
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Legal right to work in the United States
Apply online at Tesla – Careers
Marin County Free Library is looking for Community Library Specialists and Mobile Library Assistants to assist in promoting the F.L.A.G.ship Program offering education and health workshops to young children and their families in remote and underserved areas of Marin County.
The ideal candidates for these part-time, temporary positions will be bilingual (Spanish/English) and enjoy working with young children and their families. Experience driving a large vehicle is preferred. For more information about these positions, please contact Bonny White at email@example.com.
The Facilities Services Division at San Francisco State University is seeking a Customer Service Coordinator.
The Customer Service Coordinator provides a wide variety of services and operational support to the campus community. Responsible for receiving, dispatching, and coordinating service requests from campus wide community, and emergency requests from police for skilled trades, custodial, grounds and contractors. Coordinating work hours and scheduling time off to assure the Service Center is fully staffed M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, including lunch and break periods. Resolving key issues when discrepancies exist and making the final determination, if a key issuance is warranted. Participating in the Service Center’s daily workflow to ensure that all daily processes are completed at the close of each business day. Acting as dispatcher during all operational emergencies. Interpreting service requests when required as to: need, priority, requester, policy and procedures, and making ‘service based’ decisions for handling of requests.
See the full job description and apply online at Customer Service Coordinator at SFSU
Play Ball! From the Clubhouse at AT&T Park is seeking retail sales associates to sell authentic, game-used merchandise at San Francisco Giants games.
Provide excellent customer service and organizational skills for the Retail Department’s Game Used program at AT&T Park. Assist Game Used sales team in all customer service and operational duties as well as sales.
- Provide great service to all customers and maintain a friendly environment to encourage a positive customer experience.
- Assist customers in finding and selecting items.
- Assist customers by answering all questions and addressing concerns about the Game Used Product.
- Restock inventory on a daily basis and help with merchandising
- Ensure store is properly maintained and organized for next home games.
- Work with MLB Authenticators to collect merchandise during games
- Communicate all store needs, customer issues and daily status updates to supervisor and From the Clubhouse
- Keep track of customer waiting list and sold Game Used items.
- Ring up cash, credit card, and gift card sales in POS system.
- Perform opening and closing tasks as dictated.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self motivated, responsible, positive attitude and extremely organized.
- Knowledge about Memorabilia, Game Used product and previous retail experience is a plus.
Read the ad and apply online at Indeed
Safeway is seeking a Customer Service Booth Manager for one of their San Francisco stores in the Sunset / Parkside neighborhood.
As a Customer Service Booth Manager, you have a desire to work with our valued customers and provide first-class customer service while maintaining organization and employee supervision within the department. To truly be successful in the position, the individual will be able to handle multiple customer requests and switch tasks frequently. In this role you are a leader and a problem solver who has the ability to pay close attention to detail. The possibilities are endless if you have a passion for customer service.
Key Job Functions:
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Safeway’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Train, schedule, and supervise customer service clerks to ensure optimum staffing patterns in department.
• Speak with customers calmly and professionally in order to address and resolve complaints regarding sales, dissatisfaction with service or products, and other problems that may arise.
• Perform-s daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory
Target Novato is seeking individuals with management experience to fill the position of Executive Team Leader in Training.
In this role, you’ll oversee 2-3 departments with sales ranging from $2-$9 million. Your responsibilities will include opening and closing the store on assigned days, recruiting and hiring your team, and creating a positive experience for guests and team members every day. It’s your leadership that guides your team to achieve sales goals and maintain budget controls. We’ll be supporting you with extensive training to help you grow as a strong store executive leader. This position includes competitive pay and discounts, and flexible scheduling.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Able to continuously move around all areas of the store on a daily basis, as well as ability to lift 40lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
See the ad at Recruit Disability
Marin County Parks is hiring within the Landscape Division. The position requires planting, watering and maintaining various landscaped areas; turf grass care and fertilization; maintenance of public facilities and structures; weeding and spreading landscape mulch; constructing fences, signs, & other structure projects; drain cleaning, hand & power tool operation; grass cutting, brush removal, tree pruning for wildfire fuel reduction; learning the safe operation of a variety of hand and power tools; performing heavy, physical labor in landscaped areas; representing the Landscape Division, providing information to the public and wearing a uniform; removal of trash and garbage from landscaped areas; public contact: providing information and assistance; working with low voltage landscape electrical systems.
Some direct experience or college level education in landscape maintenance, parks operations, or environmental resources studies is desirable. Level of appointment within the salary range is dependent upon the amount of experience and/or education directly related to the area of assignment.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE: Direct experience in the construction trade.
See the ad and apply online at Craigslist
The JCC of S.F. is currently seeking an Online Marketing Specialist.
The Online Marketing Specialist schedules, produces, analyzes, optimizes and reports on the JCCSF’s email marketing program. The Online Marketing Specialist is also responsible for curating content on all social media channels and strategizing how to expand the JCCSF’s presence and audience growth. Across all communications, the Online Marketing Specialist is responsible for building awareness of the JCCSF and its programs, driving traffic to the web site, and ensuring that the organization’s communications are consistent with its business goals and brand standards.
- Coordinate, build, route and send marketing email communications. Manage email calendars, project schedules and new requests for all email projects, coordinating with program staff across the JCCSF, under the guidance of Marketing department managers. Assist Marketing Manager with results reporting to various marketing and program staff.
- Coordinate with Marketing staff on email scheduling, editorial planning and tie-ins to other publications of JCCSF content in order to ensure that email communications remain a part of a highly integrated communications strategy, consistent with content plans, program and marketing objectives and brand standards.
Read the complete job description and apply online at JCCSF Online Marketing Specialist
The Department of Veteran’s Affairs has multiple openings for the position of Food Service Worker in San Francisco.
Employee will serve as a Food Service Worker assigned to Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) located at the Veterans Healthcare Administration in San Francisco, CA. Duties will include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Performs duties that require a wide knowledge of food service operations including food and nourishment preparation, tray assembly, Café service tray deliver and pick-up, ware washing and sanitation.
· Prepares serving area for tray service.
· Assembles and portions foods in standard serving sizes, placing item on trays.
· Distribute and collect trays from patient bedside and records information and reporting patient/staff comments and complaints to the supervisor/work leader or dietician.
· Performs a variety of tasks in the dish room.
· Sets up and operates mechanical dishwasher and pot and pan washer.
· Cleans the tables and chairs.
· Sorts, washes, peel, and cuts fresh fruits and vegetables.
· Pushes tray delivery carts to distribute and collect trays.
· Prepares uncooked items following simple instructions.
· Performs other food service/kitchen related duties as assigned.
Apply online at USA Jobs
The San Francisco Department of Public Health (DPH) is currently hiring one (1) permanent, full-time 1922 Senior Inventory Clerk. Under general supervision, the Senior Inventory Clerk will be responsible for the supervision and performance of detailed clerical and warehouse work involving the taking and maintaining of inventories of supplies and equipment.
Essential functions include:
Posts incoming charges to Materials Management System; identifies and tracks all expired products creating a loss analysis, tracks and properly coordinates the pick-up of surplus items, track and update crash carts and crash cart logs, helps the CPD Supervisor in maintaining a safe and clean warehouse.
Supervises taking of annual inventories; prepares machine tabulating cards, indicating quantity, location and description of new or reconditioned materials; checks inventory sheets from Central Distribution and assists in identifying questionable items; reports inventory or price corrections to tabulating department and notes corrections on stock records.
Assists in proof-reading purchase requisitions; estimates total cost of requisitions; checks purchase orders against purchase requisitions and calculates unit prices of all items on purchase orders.
Compiles monthly inventory reports; studies or researches projects on request; conducts cycle counts, identifies correct par levels for items, conduct audits to ensure all items are in their correct location and are properly labeled.
Clerical duties as assigned; may include greeting visitors, answering phones, filing, requisition tracking log, payroll duties, assisting vendors with the vendor credentialing system. File various documents such as charge slips, memorandums, expired/obsolete/overstock log
Read the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
If you enjoy meeting people, the U.S. Census Bureau has a few openings for Part-Time Field Representatives. The Census Bureau conducts a variety of censuses and surveys, Every month, quarter, and year we conduct surveys with households and businesses. Field Representatives are selected based on openings in the county or city in which they live. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum qualifications include:
•Be a citizen of the United States and present proof of identity and employment eligibility.
•Valid driver license and reliable vehicle to use in completing assignments.
Attend the Application Process Event:
Wednesday, April 27, 2017 1:00 PM
The Success Center SF, 1449 Webster St
San Francisco, CA 94115
For more information, visit United States Census Bureau – California Jobs
The United States Postal Service is looking for Security Officers
- At least 1 year security or law enforcement experience required
Open Interviews will be held on:
Tuesday, 4/25 10am-2pm and Wednesday, 4/26 10am-2pm
1099 Sunnydale Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94134
For more information visit Faces S.F. or call (415) 239-8705
The Western Addition Neighborhood Access Point Success Center will be hosting the 2017 Hiring Fair on May 10, 2017 from 12:00 – 4:00 P.M. at 1449 Webster Street.
The event will include:
- Hiring On-site
- On-site Interviews
- Online Application Assistance
- Resume Workshops
- Interview Preparation
- Clothing Give-Away
- Live Music and more!
30+ Employers Including:
- Allied Universal
- Bon Appetit
- Bubba Gumps Shrimp
- City of San Francisco
- California Pacific
- Medical Center
- Culinary Staffing of America
- Cypress Security
- Metro PCS
- MGA Healthcare
- MV Transportation
- New South Parking
- Treasure Island
- Homeless Development
- Initiative (TIHDI)
- University of California,
- San Francisco Medical Center
More information available at Success Center Hiring Fair
Golden Gate University in San Francisco is seeking a Career Counselor
The Career Counselor will provide career consulting to students and alumni within the schools of taxation, accounting, and business, facilitate career development workshops and events, collaborate with staff on program/resource assessment and development, participate in community events, and serve as an integral part of the department’s growth and mission.
The Office of Career Planning is a department within the Office of Student Affairs. Golden Gate University serves adult learners. We serve a diverse student population, including international students and veterans.
- Provide career counseling and coaching to students and alumni on an appointment and drop-in basis, via in-person, phone, online, and email modes. Maintain client case notes in Symplicity in a timely manner.
- Participate in case conferencing.
- Collaborate and support student organizations and leadership.
Read the complete job description and requirements at Golden Gate University – Jobs
Interested in teaching careers in Oakland? Attend the TeachOakland Citywide Recruitment Fair on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Oakland City Hall, 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza.
Connect with Oakland public schools (district and charter) from across the city. Meet our best educators, school, and community leaders. Find great jobs. Get resources and learn about the pathway to secure a position to TeachOakland.
For more information, visit TeachOakland Citywide Recruitment Fair
The California Highway Patrol is currently accepting applications for the position of Office Assistant – Typing for their Marin County office in Corte Madera.
Under the general supervision of the Office Services Supervisor I, the Office Assistant (OA) would serve as the Area’s Timekeeper/Overtime Clerk, processing the CHP 415’s and the overtime report, sending the completed reconciliation reports to Golden Gate Division by the cutoff date.
The Main Function of the Timekeeping/Overtime Clerk is to review the Daily Field Records and process the uniform overtime with the reconciliation reports.
The position(s) require(s) the ability to type at a minimum speed as designated on the Class Specifications (link available in the additional documentation section). You must obtain a valid typing certificate confirming your ability to meet the minimum typing speed, prior to being hired.
Read the complete job description and learn how to apply on the official California state jobs website at CalCareers
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission is currently accepting applications for the position of Management Assistant.
Under general supervision, the Management Assistant will perform professional-level administrative and management duties in a variety of functional areas, such as: office/operations management; budget development, administration and fiscal reporting; development and administration of contractual agreements; electronic data organization; and evaluation and development of management policies and procedures, including evaluation of impact of existing and proposed legislation.
The 1842 Management Assistant will work in the SFPUC Real Estate Services Division on real estate and real estate-related documentation and process improvement projects.
View the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
The San Francisco Zoo is staffing up for the Spring and Summer seasons! Full and part-time jobs are available in customer service operations. Positions include Catering, Cashiering, Kitchen, Events and Gift Shop. Prior experience in a service environment is a plus.
Please call (415) 753-7296 to inquire about potential opportunities
Conservation Corps North Bay operates an extensive recycling collection program that is vital to agencies that manage Marin and Sonoma county parks, businesses and schools. Over 300,000 pounds of beverage containers and paper is collected each year from over 844 collection points around the North Bay. CCNB’s corpsmembers also conduct outreach and education to thousands of students, businesses, and community volunteers about recycling and environmental stewardship.
The Community Recycling Crew (CRC) Assistant Crew Supervisor is responsible for completing all daily tasks associated with recycle collections and education. Duties include driving set routes, collecting recycling at events, and supervising outreach and education crews throughout the North Bay. Assistant Crew Supervisors supervise corpsmembers when on route; collect and sort recycled materials; clean, build, and repair bins; inspect recycling sites, vehicles and other equipment; collect route and recycle bin information; and report route problems to the CRC Supervisor.
Interested? Read the complete job description and apply online at LOCALWISE
Trips for Kids is hiring full-time bike mechanics at the Re-Cyclery Bike Shop in San Rafael! The Re-Cyclery is much more than your average bike shop – it is a unique, community-based social enterprise that recycles, refurbishes and resells donated bikes and bike parts. We are seeking ambitious, positive bike enthusiasts who share our passion for bicycles and making a positive impact in the world. Attitude is just as important to us as mechanical skills; we are looking for friendly, reliable people who will greet our amazing community with a smile and deliver exceptional service.
We are seeking experienced bike mechanics with stellar mechanical skills and excellent people skills to refurbish used bikes, support our sales, be a bike and parts resource to our varied customer base and help maintain the order and selection of our merchandise.
See the ad and apply online through Craigslist
The San Francisco Human Services Agency (HSA) helps San Francisco residents experiencing poverty and abuse.
Our communications team is responsible for connecting San Franciscans to vital social services and keeping the public informed about public assistance such as the Affordable Care Act, food stamps, early education, and local services to support our aging population. At a time of great uncertainty at the federal level—particularly for immigrant communities—you will help shape and modernize the way one of the most progressive human service agencies in the nation communicates about a safety net system that touches nearly one in four San Franciscans.
1. Develop public relations and digital marketing programs that support HSA’s brand strategy objectives, engage the public, and identify innovative methods to bring targeted messages to market.
2. Support communication efforts that advance HSA’s policy and legislative agenda.
3. Create and develop informative, user-friendly, customer-focused, and visually compelling content across all distribution channels (i.e. websites, social media, mobile-applications, broadcast, video, photography, and print marketing collateral) for both internal and external communications.
4. Prepare and issue press releases and articles concerning the Agency’s role in the community, current issues and relevant legislation through various mediums; maintain consistency in the website and print material design; respond to complaints or requests for information; ensure that all content is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Read the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
The Camp & Youth Office Coordinator is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. This position is responsible for supporting all programs within the Camp and Youth Department, including: program registrations, billing, coordinating buses and reservations, large-scale supply ordering, and other administrative tasks as needed. This role requires a cheerful demeanor, strong organizational skills and the ability to work within a high traffic, fast-paced, open office environment. The Camp & Youth Office Coordinator reports to the Camp & Youth Director.
- Coordinates Camp and After School registration including customer service, data entry, recording financial transactions, maintaining accurate registration records and reporting.
- Gather, organize and maintain participant digital and/or paper files in accordance with our licensing and accreditation.
- Regular, bulk supply ordering, tracking and inventory
- Coordinate and track transportation reservations and routes for all programs
- Schedule and manage all field trips and other program reservations with outside vendors
- Create and run reports on in house data base systems regularly
- Collect and prepare staff hiring paperwork for payroll department.
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and monthly credit card reconciliation
- Maintain a positive, customer service attitude and demeanor in all interactions with campers, families, and program visitors.
Students Rising Above (SRA) was created in 1998 by KPIX 5 anchor Wendy Tokuda and began as a series of news stories featuring low-income Bay Area youth rising above tremendous odds of poverty, homelessness, abandonment and neglect. In 2003, Lynne Martin and Barb Hendricks expanded this scholarship program into a year round 501(c)3 nonprofit helping low-income students attend and graduate from college, and then transition into the workforce
The College & Career Advisor reports to the Online Program Manager and is responsible for advising SRA College2Careers Hub students throughout high school, to and through college, and into the workforce. SRA is a growing organization; successful candidates will need to be flexible with additional duties resulting from expansion.
- Provide developmentally and culturally-appropriate guidance and problem-solving support in-person and online through the SRA Hub related to:
College applications (community colleges and 4-year public/private colleges)
Financial aid, college finances, and financial literacy
College selection and transition to college
- Socio-emotional, self-advocacy, and other issues related to adjusting to college life
- Develop and maintain respectful and supportive relationships with students from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain accurate student data while monitoring and tracking student progress using Salesforce on a daily basis
- Connect with students who have challenges and assist them with staying on track to meet academic and professional goals
- Provide heavy advocacy work on behalf of students to ensure their academic and professional success
- Advise and coordinate services for students who identify as undocumented or AB540 status
- Provide extensive and detailed feedback on college applications, personal statements, resumes and cover letters for both high school and college students
Communicate with students using email, public feed posts, texts and phone
Read the complete job description and apply online through Craigslist
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco De Young and Legion of Honor – are seeking a Member Services Assistant. Member Services Assistants are responsible for performing customer service functions in the Member and Visitor Services department. The staff handles a high volume of diverse requests and is expected to be a resource for all patrons who contact the Department. The objective of this position is to provide outstanding and courteous service and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to members and potential members by phone, email, and mail. Takes phone orders for new, renewing, upgrading, and gift memberships.
- Uses Raiser’s Edge and ACME databases to assist members with inquiries, record interactions with members, exchange tickets, and update member information.
- Coordinates with internal and off-site call center staff to research and resolve problems with membership payments.
- Disseminates information about membership and the Museums in general to museum members and the public.
- Composes letters and email responses to member inquiries.
- Prepares membership information, gift membership notification packets, and complimentary memberships, and assists with other mailings.
- Prepares membership reports as needed.
- Maintains customer service files and performs other filing duties.
- Assists with events as needed.
- Supports invitation mailings, RSVPs, and guest lists for member/donor events, and other admin work for the membership program as needed.
See the complete job description at Fine Art Museums of San Francisco
The San Francisco Community College District is currently seeking a Senior Clerk. The position is an employee of the City and County of San Francisco.
Under general supervision, the 1406 Senior Clerk performs difficult, responsible, and specialized clerical work, may assign clerical and office work to subordinate office personnel and perform related duties as required in the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) Department. Essential functions include interpreting, enforcing and carrying out existing methods and procedures relative to office operations; making regular contacts with other departmental personnel and providing information; explaining and interpreting existing laws, regulations and administrative policies to the general public in connection with office activities; gathering, preparing and maintaining a wide variety of records, reports and documents relative to office operations; and calculating basic mathematical computations in connection with the preparation of various reports.
Read the complete job description and apply online at City and County of San Francisco – Department of Human Resources
The San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team is currently seeking an experienced outreach specialist.
The San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team (SFHOT) works collaboratively in small teams to engage and stabilize chronically homeless individuals and to help establish care for chronic conditions and find permanent housing.
The Specialist II is a member of a multidisciplinary team which may include a Specialist I, Social Worker, Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Physician, Psychiatrist, Housing and Financial Administrators, Vocational and Recreation Counselors.
The Specialist II is a member of a team of Engagement and/or Care Management who works collaboratively to engage, stabilize and house vulnerable and chronically homeless individuals. The Specialist II may be responsible for locating, evaluating, engaging, counseling, transporting and referring individuals to appropriate services.
The Specialist II differs from a Specialist I by demonstrating a higher level of engagement and support skills, more knowledge of resources and linkages, greater ability to manage complex care needs, more experience meeting documentation requirements and ability to interface directly with Leaders in the City and community. Specialist II assignments require ability and willingness to work in either Engagement or Care Management. SFHOT operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Work schedules are on shifts set by Management.
See the complete job description and apply online at Public Health Foundation Enterprises
Target is currently hiring Starbucks team members at Target West location at Geary and Masonic.
Cashier, Stock, Electronics and Apparel positions may also be available.
Apply online at Target – Careers
Interested in non-medical positions at California Pacific Medial Centers?
Attend CPMC Interview Bootcamp on April 11, 2017 at Success Center SF at 1449 Webster Street, San Francisco, CA 94115 at 1:00PM
Hosted by OEWD,
This event will focus on current openings, organizational culture, and application process for CPMC.
Non-Clinical Job Titles may include: Security Officers, Cooks, Food Service Aides, and Housekeeping Aides. High School Diploma/GED & driver’s license required for many positions.
Clinical Job Titles may include: Patient Access Representatives, Medical Assistants, Specimen Handling Aides and Nursing Unit Coordinators
Snapshot of what will be covered
- Process for Applying to CPMC
- Job Requirements
- Samples of Winning Resumes
- Lean how to have an amazing interview presentation
- Leave with confirmed interview that day
Be sure to bring resumes and dress to impress!
For further information or to confirm attendance please call Samantha @ 415-549-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Live and work on an amazing island park in the middle of the San Francisco Bay!
Angel Island State Park is looking to fill seasonal park positions by March 2016, and is looking for people who would love to work in one of the most beautiful and historic settings in California. Surrounded by the San Francisco Bay, Angel Island offers the unique opportunity to work in both natural and historic sites in a California State Park. Additionally, positions on Angel Island come with the opportunity to live on the island in a dorm setting in a historic home. The cost of living the in the Bay area has skyrocketed in the past few years, housing on Angel Island works out to be less than $100 per month including utilities!
Duration: Positions run for a maximum of 1500 hours in a nine-month period; hours may be reduced due to budget constraints. Peak season is March- October.
Duties include: Answering visitor questions, providing interpretive guided tours to groups of all ages, provide staff support during special events. Collection of museum and tour fees provides site maintenance, and assist with possible research projects. Support school group tour operation. Support to other island visitor services operations and support during emergency response as needed.
Desirable characteristics: Ability to work weekends & holidays. Experience with public speaking and in large group settings. The ability to handle questions about potentially sensitive topics. Good organizational skills and pro-active attitude. The ability to accept and benefit from training in public service work. Multilingual skills a plus.
For instructions on how to apply, see the ad at Craigslist